steven king

dolliedaydream

• Moderators

I think a few Stephen King ones have been kinda crap ... but I guess what happens with books is that u get ur own idea about what the characters will be like n stuff like that, so it can never really live up to YOUR expecations of it, because u've already made it in ur own head! :(

The Stephen King book , "IT" was such a great book, but the film well, I guess it just couldn't compete with my imagination. Starring that Richard whateverisname is as well from the Waltons kind of spoilt it as well, but Tim Curry was o.k. as Pennywise.

I think this is the case when a lot of the Stephen King books get turned to films. Misery was an exception thought I think and there probably have been one or two others.

• 2 weeks later...

i am a stephen king fan of the books and when they are made into movies....

my fave sephen king book is Misery but the film was really really good just like the book ( the books gorier though) :uhoh:

i have read IT, and i started to read Cujo and i am currently on The Shining- i had watched the film first and that was freaky!! i am hoping it will be better than the film.....sK books are soo long though arnt they...........oooh i alost forgot- i read Insomnia too- wiered but good.

i wanna read the short story of the Shawshank redemption too

all of what you have mentioned are brilliant ;)

The Shining book is different to the film!!!

I just got Misery on DVD love that. I liked Insomnia, in fact i dont think there is a SK book I have read that I didnt like, as for a favourite thats hard to decide so I wont :D

i am really pleased you have a horror section, but i read horror not watch it, does that matter,i would love to join in with your stuff,but i always find the film a real let down afer i have read the books, am i a looser!????? look forward to reading your stuff!!!

Hearts In Atlantis was absolutely fantastic, it made me cry and the film made me roar buckets! It is such a great book and I think everyone should give it a try.

all of what you have mentioned are brilliant ;)

The Shining book is different to the film!!!

I just got Misery on DVD love that. I liked Insomnia, in fact i dont think there is a SK book I have read that I didnt like, as for a favourite thats hard to decide so I wont :huh:

Try The Shining mini series. Its out on DVD. Pretty good!

Have Misery myself and yes, its an excellent movie. Think Kathy Bates was either nominated or won an Oscar for her role in it.

i am a stephen king fan of the books and when they are made into movies....

my fave sephen king book is Misery but the film was really really good just like the book ( the books gorier though) :huh:

i have read IT, and i started to read Cujo and i am currently on The Shining- i had watched the film first and that was freaky!! i am hoping it will be better than the film.....sK books are soo long though arnt they...........oooh i alost forgot- i read Insomnia too- wiered but good.

i wanna read the short story of the Shawshank redemption too

If you like Stephen King try out James Herbert and Clive Barker. Both are absolutely exceptional writers, particularly Barker. Terry Brooks is also excellent - he's a fantasy writer. He created a set of books about a family called Shannara in a world not to dissimilar to Tolkiens.

I saw The Stand before reading the book. Once I read the book, I thought 'Wow, that was so much better plus there where so many changes'. I still watch it on DVD probably about once a year because I still love it as it is. Plus it had a great cast line up as well.

The books are always better. Its very rare its the other way around.

The Stephen King book , "IT" was such a great book, but the film well, I guess it just couldn't compete with my imagination. Starring that Richard whateverisname is as well from the Waltons kind of spoilt it as well, but Tim Curry was o.k. as Pennywise.

I think this is the case when a lot of the Stephen King books get turned to films. Misery was an exception thought I think and there probably have been one or two others.

'IT' is my favourite book of all time! Absolutely magnificent. Good to hear somebody else praising it. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

I also enjoyed reading Christine, it was particularly poignant as I was learning to drive at the time. Again, although I enjoyed the film it wasn't anywhere near as strong as the book, which was a shame as John Carpenter is a great Horror Director.

Salem's Lot was a good film, mind you I haven't seen that for years, so maybe it doesn't stand up so well today.

Is anyone reading the Dark Tower series ?

I also enjoyed reading Christine, it was particularly poignant as I was learning to drive at the time. Again, although I enjoyed the film it wasn't anywhere near as strong as the book, which was a shame as John Carpenter is a great Horror Director.

Salem's Lot was a good film, mind you I haven't seen that for years, so maybe it doesn't stand up so well today.

Is anyone reading the Dark Tower series ?

Salem's Lot has just been remade as a new mini series starring Rob Lowe and Rutger Hauer among others. Not sure when we'll see it though.

Obi-Wan :angel:

Personally the most disappointing film from a SK book was "Thinner". I went to see it at the cinema and hmm found it more comedy then horror.

IT was still pretty terrifying as a film version but I have a total terror of clowns.

I haven't seen Pet Semetry yet, but I don't think anything can compare to the chills you get reading the last few lines of the book when his wife comes in and says Darling.

Shaun Hutson.. good but mostly gore, the slugs stuff is sickening but one of his other books Slob is great, has a little more mental stimulation for me.

Personally the most disappointing film from a SK book was "Thinner". I went to see it at the cinema and hmm found it more comedy then horror.

IT was still pretty terrifying as a film version but I have a total terror of clowns.

I haven't seen Pet Semetry yet, but I don't think anything can compare to the chills you get reading the last few lines of the book when his wife comes in and says Darling.

Shaun Hutson.. good but mostly gore, the slugs stuff is sickening but one of his other books Slob is great, has a little more mental stimulation for me.

I like Misery as well, thats excellent.