Book Discussion Thread

~Jenny~

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for recommendations. My daughter is 11. just, and is almost finished the Vampire Diary books, she's read the Twilight books.

Any suggestions on what to get her next.

My daughter is 14 and she loves Crescendo and Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys thought it would be handy to get this moved over to the ET6 section. Thank to the lovely Rhi your a star!

Also does anyone else have a Goodreads profile mine is http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4816893-naurarwen its a great place to see what books others are reading and read reviews.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

• 3 months later...

Know ones posted here in a while so i thought I'd start us back up again :blush:

What's everyone reading ATM?

I've just started Bite Club by Rachel Caine. Been meaning to start it for ages, but only just got around to it, hope it's as good as the others.

• 1 month later...

I got Passion last week but the paperback which made my happy as Fallen and Torment are paperback as well. I've been reading a rediculous amount of books recently. Mainly on my kindle and some of them only novellas (sp?). I'm currently reading the 2nd part of the Vampire Journals by Morgan Rice and have banned myself from buying anymore books until I've read atleast 75% of the ones I have already that I haven't read. Which could take a while. Though I did find The Confessor today in The Works and had to get it as it was only 99p and I've wanted to read the Sword of Truth books for ages just means I need to find out what order they go in as knowing my luck this one is from like halfway through the series.

Got passion for my birthday yesterday, shiny foil cover from tescos. Can't wait to read it!

Love The Morganville Vampire books, literally can't put them down. The Replacement, The House of Night books, Maria V. Snyder's Poison/Magic &Fire Study books.

To the person who asked about The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, it's good but not what I was expecting. Definitely worth a read if you're a Lauren Kate fan.

Just so everyone on a budget knows, The Works are now stocking ALL 10 of the morganville vampires book aswell as the Weather warden series by Rachel Caine.

Are the Weather warden ones any good? Got the first 2, but haven't read them yet, is it worth going and buying the other.

I'd rather get Hardback signed. Wish Fallen and torment were HB as well, but I had to get paper. But it's not like I read the signed copies anyway so I'm not to bothered.

I think I'll get a copy of Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove signed as well. will hunt for cheap copy sometime.

Edited by ~Jenny~

I got the first Weather Warden but haven't read it yet. I'm quite annoyed as when I went to works I could only find book 1, 4 and 6 I think it was from the series which was a bit pointless as I'd still need 2 & 3 if I like the series.

Jen what did you think of the Poison/Magic/Fire study books as I bought them from the Works a while ago, not started reading them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the first Weather Warden but haven't read it yet. I'm quite annoyed as when I went to works I could only find book 1, 4 and 6 I think it was from the series which was a bit pointless as I'd still need 2 & 3 if I like the series.

Jen what did you think of the Poison/Magic/Fire study books as I bought them from the Works a while ago, not started reading them yet.

LOOOOOOOOVED Poison/magic/fire study. they're brilliant, couldn't put them down. Emailed the author Maria V. Snyder and got a reply :D was made up to get an email back.

Haven't read the weather warden books yet, keep getting sidetracked with house of night and then Bite Club and i'm half way through reading the Death and Life of Charlie StCloud. If you like weather warden's when you've read number 1 and you want the others let me know, I don't mind getting you a copy of whatever it is you're missing (our works is in the garden centre that I work in) and sending it to you, or giving you them at ET6. I keep trying to go to the library to get books but see them and buy them, especially in the works! hehe!

Jenny- Check on amazon/play every so often for Natalie Hargrove cos they keep putting in the sale for a few days.