Don't think i'm going now

megamike79

i was just going to get the 6.45am train on the saturday to heathrow then straight to the thistle. its the hotel thats confusing me should i pay £52 up front to stay in the radisson or book now and order the £65 roomand decide at a later date whether i can afford to go. if book the room then ive got a couple of weeks to decide just got to work out the old money situation.

I wonder how much it is from euston to heathrow that would save some money.

just looked at kings cross to hounslow west which is on the bath road straight bus ride to the thistle. i can get to euston in the moring then walk round to kings cross . in total it would cost me £50 return which is better that the £75 it would of cost. so looking at a total of around £180 and just found £5 on my bedroom floor so im nearly there :D lets see if theres anymore there. i could always try to borrow some of someone.

have you checked out national express coaches too? takes longer than a train but if booked in advance their fun-fare tickets can save heaps. i usually use them when i go from london victoria up to birmingham to visit family and its only about a tenner each way (got it for a fiver once!). might be worth a try.

as for the hotel, keep checking back here because there's usually people asking for roomates come convention time where they've booked it all up and then their mates cant go or something, so maybe you could split the cost with them and save a few bob that way.

i think theres another bus company called mega bus thats supposed to be really cheap too. never used it myself so not sure if they are any good or not.