New Guests

DavidSimons

Just wondering if there are any plans to get new guests to this event. Pretty much everyone listed so far is a repeat guest, with several of them having appeared at SM events within the last year or so.

The big Bond announcement is the lovely Tanya Roberts, but she's been before, the big astronaut announcement is Edgar Mitchell, who's also attended before. Similarly Nick Brimble, Nick Parsons, Sylvia Anderson and Keith Barron have all done SM events before (Sylvia and Keith very recently). I did notice you've announced a couple of Soap stars but I never bother with soaps so no idea whether they're new or not and either way I personally am not interested in them.

So I was wondering whether the plan is just to use this event to enable those who missed people last visit to catch up and leave new guests for next time, or whether there's plans to announce some new guests soon.

Edited by DavidSimons

With the greatest respect, I'm not sure threads like this really help anyone.

I think it's clear Dave, Jason and Paul are working very hard to secure guests for this event. I would guess in their situation I would find having to deal with posts questioning the output from their work pretty frustrating and maybe even a bit dispiriting, especially when their track record is impressive to say the least.

I don't know for sure but I would assume that guests will only be announced when they have agreed to sign up for the show. I've never really known Dave or Jason to mention names of people they are attempting to get to appear at the show.

Sir John Mills

Val Kilmer

Tony Curtis

Richard Todd

Ernest Borgnine

George Kennedy

Luciana Paluzzi

Ursula Andress

John Terry

Buzz Aldrin

Jim Lovell

Fred Haise

Edward Fox

Leslie Nielsen

Joan Collins

With a back catalogue of this calibre of guest (and many others not on the list) I'll be keeping the faith :D

Hi Dave

I guess you must have missed.

Linda Gray

Charlene Tilton

Sylvia Syms

Bruce Melnick

Edward Hardwick

Ian Lavender

Richard Roundtree

Dave Phillips

Well I mentioned you'd two Soap people and Sylvia Syms is another repeat guest. So that's only four new guests.

As it stands I think the line-up is mostly retreads which is fine for those that missed them last time. But not that good for me.

With the greatest respect, I'm not sure threads like this really help anyone.

I think it's clear Dave, Jason and Paul are working very hard to secure guests for this event. I would guess in their situation I would find having to deal with posts questioning the output from their work pretty frustrating and maybe even a bit dispiriting, especially when their track record is impressive to say the least.

I don't know for sure but I would assume that guests will only be announced when they have agreed to sign up for the show. I've never really known Dave or Jason to mention names of people they are attempting to get to appear at the show.

Actually I disagree entirely I think my post is very helpful. I'm telling them what me as a paying customer is looking for. I know that SM tend to reject comments unless their positive but in my opinion they should listen more to those unhappy with things because its customers like me that their in danger of losing.

Not that they necessarily need to care about losing customers like me. But I'm just saying why this event, as it stands, is a wash out

• Moderators

I don't think they 'reject' comments - there are plenty of guest suggestions that have been taken on board, and that we've seen at events.

It's tricky to say "well, there's no new guests for me, as I don't like soaps" etc. The best way to give them an idea of what you personally want is to suggest some names.

Sir John Mills

Val Kilmer

Tony Curtis

Richard Todd

Ernest Borgnine

George Kennedy

Luciana Paluzzi

Ursula Andress

John Terry

Buzz Aldrin

Jim Lovell

Fred Haise

Edward Fox

Leslie Nielsen

Joan Collins

With a back catalogue of this calibre of guest (and many others not on the list) I'll be keeping the faith :D

I agree they've had some good guests in the past. Just hoping they don't repeat too many of them but look for new guests. Reaslly not interested in seeing people again and again unless they've done new stuff since I last saw them.

I don't think they 'reject' comments - there are plenty of guest suggestions that have been taken on board, and that we've seen at events.

It's tricky to say "well, there's no new guests for me, as I don't like soaps" etc. The best way to give them an idea of what you personally want is to suggest some names.

I've broad tastes and will be happy with any new guests. Although ideally not people like Richard Roundtree who I just saw at another competitors event :)