James pax experiences?

He was fine when I met him fairly early on Saturday morning.

Posed for a photo with me by his table and told me all about the shows he organises back home. A good meet and greet.

I am so jealous of the BDG actors n people u met!!!

I went over to say hi when he was quiet on Sunday midday. Pleasant enough, didnt really talk about BTILC but more so about where we're from and what he does these days.

Oh I did ask why he didnt have any lines but the 2 other storms did and he said he was only ever meant to be an action role.

My experience of meeting James Pax was a positive one. My friend cybernator and myself had the pleasure of talking to James on the Saturday morning. He was approachable and willing to pose for pictures. We discussed IP Man and other martial arts movies along with BTILC. He is now a budding film director out in Beijing and we talked about his material like the First Emperor of China.

He was even kind enough to pass me his business card and offer me a warm welcome should I ever visit Beijing. A total gentleman and a pleasure to meet.

I personally think both of the storms have been great guests over here. :D So a big thumps up from me.

We discussed IP Man

The man or the movie? Or wasnt in the movie, was he?

That's what I was thinking, I was sure he hadn't been in that!

In saying that, I wouldnt say no to some guests from that...Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung please!

Personally I can't wait to meet Carter Wong, I'll be meeting him for Hapkido(the film) primarily. Him as one of the stars of a film that had the likes of Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, and Lam Ching Ying as supporting roles isn't too bad!

Edited by JacknDaniel

I am so jealous of the BDG actors n people u met!!!

Cheers, it is starting to become quite a list! Have met quite a few of them more than once, the likes of Bamber, Callis have done quite a few events in the UK now, at least once a year it seems, so doubt it will be long till you start to meet a load of them if you keep any eye out for events in the UK.

Jason mentioned back in May that he was planning to get more BSG guests over, Katee was certainly busy, so fingers crossed for more BSG and caprica folks.

Apologies for going off topic, more BTILC guests too as Peter and James have been great! :D

We discussed IP Man

The man or the movie? Or wasnt in the movie, was he?

IP Man is an important figure in the history of chinese kung fu methodology and was the master for Bruce Lee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_Man

He is a person of extreme high standing in China for his defiance against the Japanese during the occupation. I was talking martial arts and the latest chinese movies with James Pax as he is involved in many projects relative to Chinese history. IP Man and IP Man 2 were directed by Wilson Yip.

James was initially a model with Armani before he turned his attention to acting starring in BTILC , Kinjite with Charles Bronson and Bethune with Donald Sutherland. He has directed a number of films like a Bowl of Fish, Passion Fruit and Last Tango. He was involved in a couple of historial film projects as well - Shanghai Junction and The First Emperor - the man who made China.

i was James guest assistant all day on the saturday and he was so nice to meet, he was very friendly and very chatty. he made time for all the people who came to see him. he loved seeing all the different types of memorabillia people bought for him to sign as some of it he hadn't seen before. all in all a fantastic person to meet :P

IP Man is an important figure in the history of chinese kung fu methodology and was the master for Bruce Lee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_Man

He is a person of extreme high standing in China for his defiance against the Japanese during the occupation. I was talking martial arts and the latest chinese movies with James Pax as he is involved in many projects relative to Chinese history. IP Man and IP Man 2 were directed by Wilson Yip.

Yeah, I know who Ip Man is and that he's played by Donnie Yen in the movies but James wasnt in those movies I didnt think and was wondering how you got on to talking about Ip Man (the movies and the man himself).