Ideas for a NOOB!

Remember to take along some cigarettes :D

But seriously, have an idea in your head about who you want to see, when you want to see them, how much money you're prepared to spend then add 50% more in case you go over budget.

Oh, and have fun with breaking your- um, with your first convention :lol:

Any tips or suggestions on what to do and what not too miss?

There is so much to do there... and also the definition of "what not to miss" is so subjective - can you give us any hints what you are interested in?

Do you want to get some autographs? Are you more interested in the dealers room, maybe you want to listen to the talks?

KingRichard has already phrased it pretty well, have a general idea what you want to do and just go with the flow. Relax, leave yourself enough time to take everything in. For a con virgin LFACC can be pretty overwhelming at first.

Get there early! Check travel arrangements, trains are always up the creak whenever i go to cons, check the site incase someone you want is cancelled take something to keep your autographs/photoshoots safe and bring drinks as its quite expensive there although theres a kfc round the corner to the show maybe an ipod/psp for waiting for guests etc and yes more money the better!. Most of all Havee a blast!

:lol:

Cool thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated! In regards on what i actually want too see? sheesh theres soo much i couldnt really say!

Never being to one before i dont really know what to expect so will just take it as it comes.

From one noob to another noob -

I have all the tickets I could prebook prebooked, to make for easier access and less of a hassle. That already gives my days some cornerstones as 'must dos' - after all, it would be kinda dumb to book a photoshoot and not show up for it :lol: Those are my 'must haves' as far as photoshoots and talks go.

I have a list of people I absolutely must meet and get an autograph from (and yes, I'm stretching the meaning of the word 'meet' VERY loosely here :D ). I will be making sure to get a Virtual Queuing Ticket for those first thing I am allowed into the venue Saturday/Sunday morning (yes, Early Entry for me, and I plan on being there well ahead of time with my trusted IPod and a book to entertain myself :) ).

I have a list of people whom I might like to meet and/or sit in on their talk for.

I have a list of things that might be fun to do when/ if I have the time (like watch the cosplay masquerade or the musical or browse stalls or sit in on the auction etc.).

As such, I have prioritized my wants and needs and will be trying to follow the outline, from 'must haves/dos' to 'oh, this might be fun too' events.

I also have my credit card balanced and stocked up but have set myself a very definite limit of what kind of money I can spend that weekend so as to not overspend. In addition, my purchases will be further limited by the fact that I'm traveling light and will only have one carry-on to take on the plane with me.

Next to all of the above, I have exchanged phone numbers with online friends of mine whom I will be meeting up with Saturday night for dinner and chatting and meeting outside of the online (lj) community. We might even do some evening sight-seeing of, say, Big Ben and the Parliament against the night-time sky or something like that :)

So, I guess .. my noob tip would be to prioritize. Go through all the guests and available talks/photoshoots and pick what you want to do on the day or days that you'll be there for :) Also, bring a camera *chuckles*