Gutted...

TRUKid

I am not going to come on here and moan but am curious at to why there wasn't a full schedule put up on here showing guest days etc, as is the usual with all other conventions SM/ME run...

I was desperate to meet Andrew, Bruno and then Arthur but could not attend on the Saturday, only Sunday.

Just wondering why we did we not get a schedule posted up on here?

If we had, my friend and I would have come for the day had we been able to see which guests would be in attendance...

Perhaps that was the whole point? To ensure as many people as possible attend both days instead of just one?

I agree with you though. It's virtually unheard of for any WHO convention to go on these days without the fans knowing in advance what's happening when.

Yeah the Hub events never had the guest days up I dont think, we just managed to get the time table a few days earlier so we could see the days.

As others have said, and as the organisers have said a few times, these types of events are made for people attending the whole weekend.

You can come just for a day, but it means buying a weekend pass and therefore taking the responsibility and risk on yourself that the guest or guests that you want to meet may pull out/change days/be there for one day only.

Its the same even if you are attending all weekend but for one guest. If something happens to that one guest and they cant go for some reason, even up to the friday morning (Phil Ford for example) then it was your choice and risk to get a whole weekend pass for one person.

We've seen it happen with Barrowman and the Hub lol and people are always warned.

Yeah the Hub events never had the guest days up I dont think, we just managed to get the time table a few days earlier so we could see the days.

As others have said, and as the organisers have said a few times, these types of events are made for people attending the whole weekend.

You can come just for a day, but it means buying a weekend pass and therefore taking the responsibility and risk on yourself that the guest or guests that you want to meet may pull out/change days/be there for one day only.

Its the same even if you are attending all weekend but for one guest. If something happens to that one guest and they cant go for some reason, even up to the friday morning (Phil Ford for example) then it was your choice and risk to get a whole weekend pass for one person.

We've seen it happen with Barrowman and the Hub lol and people are always warned.

Yes totally agree - gone are the days that you can book an event on the basis of one guest.

Were there ever days? A guest could always cancel. Its part of the contract, no guest would want to be chained to an event like this if the biggest job of their career or dream work came up.

Very true but as you mentioned the Hub with John - a lot of people bought a ticket just for him even though they were warned.