STAR WARS COLLECTION THREAD

Indiana

Just got this news from sirstevesguide.com

UK Toy Fair 2004 Coverage

Posted by SirSteve on Jan 27, 04. Last Updated: Jan 31, 04 

Well, Hasbro did not allow photos... but they did have new products and here are the details I could get out of them:

The Original Trilogy Collection (OTC)

Figures

The new style package front is black with stars on it with the original Star Wars logo at the top of the card wrapping around the "blister" where the figure will be placed. The figures shown are new sculpts in the vintage style package (at least that is what was shown on display). Hasbro now classifies the figures as "Rebel vs. Empire" where the Figure # is by being blue or red in color. The current figures that will be available are:

R2-D2 (Dagobah) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #4

From Dagohah and has swamp all over him. This was the only figure (actually it was only the package) on display. The card back has a picture of the character and figure with this text next to it:

"Two-stage button! Press briefly for robotic character and light. Press and hold button for robotic "scream" and light."

Following the above were pictures of other figures in that wave. There was also the "Jedi Knights Kids Club" logo. This will be a newsletter type mailing list.

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #1

This figure is Luke using the force by balancing himself with one hand. It includes a piece of the swamp as a base.

Yoda from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #2

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #3

Obi-Wan has been updated from his clear blue plastic that was available as an exclusive to a new clear figure but with color. It's difficult to explain but it looked pretty good.

Vehicles

Millennium Falcon - Comes with many new electronics including "headlights," flying sound, missile-firing launcher, hyperdrive sounds and lights (looked really cool), and start-up and cruise sounds. It also comes with the gaming table and hidden compartment.

Role-Playing

Darth Vader Electronic Lightsaber

Luke Skywalker Electronic Lightsaber

We can look forward to the images at the New York Toy Fair in February but until then, this will have to do...

More news as I get it.

Obi-Wan :pyth:

Just a little update on the new OTC (Original Trilogy Collection). Heres a few dates for the original old style packaging figures:

Wave 1: Luke, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Princess Leia - Planned to be available in July

Wave 2: Darth Vader, C-3P0, Yoda, Lando Calrissian - Planned to be available in August

Wave 3: Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Boba Fett - Planned to be available in September

There are also two themed variations as well planned for throughout the year. These are:

Dagogah

84778_Luke_sm.jpg84779_Yoda_sm.jpg84780_obiwan_sm.jpg84781_R2D2_sm.jpg

Bespin

84837_LeiaBespin_sm.jpg85054_CCPilot_sm.jpg85060_Lobot_sm.jpg

Both looking at a possible June release

Edited by emotionalvampire

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband has a large collection of figures, alas the only ones in packages are new! He has a large selection of original toys, some quite big, fortunately still in his mothers loft! I have a strange collection in that I tried to get 1 of everything I saw with Qui-Gon on it for TPM (obviously), due to naming the cat Qui-Gon.

We both have trading cards (lots and lots of trading cards!) and a varied selection of autographs.

My favourite item (don't know if it's rare or not, but I like it) is a missprinted book sleeve I got for one of the TPM books. The design is one way up, but the silver lettering is upside down!

I don't even want to think about the mugs...

wow great collections. i'm not a huge fan but i have an 'attack of the clones widevision' boba fett (daniel logan) autograph card which retails on www.uktradingcards.com at £149.

not much but its something i suppose

Thats quite a good find you got there. By the way, cards are my thing!

The card you have was obviously part of a bigger set, but this one was the rarest card (believe it or not). There were 24 autograph cards in this set spread over 4 different rarity groups. Your card was the only one in the 4th group and had a 1:570 ratio. This means that you would have to open 570 packs to stand a chance of even getting this card!

However, UKTradingCards are known for over pricing there goods, so dont believe what they say. From dealers the price ranges from £50-£100. Auction prices will vary, but you should be looking a quite a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a complete set of every figure ever issued both vintage and modern, both loose and carded, and every space ship ever issued, with box, also a complete set of 12" dolls (sorry large scale action figures)

from Crusty.

Yeh Crusty but i have word from a good source that you have not got a Jedi Con 2001 or 2004 and have you a early bird set or a long pic euro han. Luv you really :D