STAR WARS COLLECTION THREAD

Indiana

Just got this news from sirstevesguide.com

UK Toy Fair 2004 Coverage

Posted by SirSteve on Jan 27, 04. Last Updated: Jan 31, 04 

Well, Hasbro did not allow photos... but they did have new products and here are the details I could get out of them:

The Original Trilogy Collection (OTC)

Figures

The new style package front is black with stars on it with the original Star Wars logo at the top of the card wrapping around the "blister" where the figure will be placed. The figures shown are new sculpts in the vintage style package (at least that is what was shown on display). Hasbro now classifies the figures as "Rebel vs. Empire" where the Figure # is by being blue or red in color. The current figures that will be available are:

R2-D2 (Dagobah) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #4

From Dagohah and has swamp all over him. This was the only figure (actually it was only the package) on display. The card back has a picture of the character and figure with this text next to it:

"Two-stage button! Press briefly for robotic character and light. Press and hold button for robotic "scream" and light."

Following the above were pictures of other figures in that wave. There was also the "Jedi Knights Kids Club" logo. This will be a newsletter type mailing list.

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #1

This figure is Luke using the force by balancing himself with one hand. It includes a piece of the swamp as a base.

Yoda from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #2

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit) from The Empire Strikes Back - Figure #3

Obi-Wan has been updated from his clear blue plastic that was available as an exclusive to a new clear figure but with color. It's difficult to explain but it looked pretty good.

Vehicles

Millennium Falcon - Comes with many new electronics including "headlights," flying sound, missile-firing launcher, hyperdrive sounds and lights (looked really cool), and start-up and cruise sounds. It also comes with the gaming table and hidden compartment.

Role-Playing

Darth Vader Electronic Lightsaber

Luke Skywalker Electronic Lightsaber

We can look forward to the images at the New York Toy Fair in February but until then, this will have to do...

More news as I get it.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Edited by obi-wan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really nice to see some Star Wars collectors on the forum. I mostly collect loose 3 3/4" figures from vintage up to the prequels. I have to admit I'm starting to loose control of the Saga figures now though - they just seem to be releasing so many! The pride of my collection is my Master Replicas Yoda's Lightsaber. My hubby bought it for me for my birthday and it was the best present ever :o

I was wondering what everyone's favourite figure line was - I think mine is still the vintage (my vintage Yoda is my favourite figure of them all) although some of the Saga figures have been great - especially Ephant Mon.

I could seriously talk about my collection forever - but won't bore you any longer :lol:

Phew! My first SW figure was Luke Jedi Knight at Christmas 1983. I opened it in the middle of the night and promptly lost the lightsaber - DOH! Anyway, that was it - the Force manifested strong and I collected vintage toys for over 20 years. I will always love them dearly, especially those I remember owning as a kid before my little brother lost/broke/fed them to our puppy! :angry:

My favourite vintage items I have kept after selling and exchanging the majority of my collection are:

Jabba The Hutt playset

Rebel Transport

Battle Damaged TIE Fighter

X-Wing Fighter - orginal ESB issue (not Battle Damage version)

I also have a fairly complete 1978 Palitoy cardboard Death Star. I never had one as a kid, but I like it anyway!

I have a fair spread of Star Wars autographs, and I hope to get more on one of my favourite items in my slimmed-down collection - an orginal 1980 ESB UK cinema poster (Vader on pale blue background one) and I am getting signatures on the blue space at the bottom.

Recently I have been lucky enough to get my hands on original screen-used props from Episode 1. Granted it is hardly the best SW film, but as many will be aware SW props are very hard to come by and so any real piece of the SW universe is special in my book!

:angry:

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

It seems I may have jumped the gun suggesting that those pictures were the new vintage line, as more photos have appeared over the weekend on Rebelscum.Com.

Both sets are being released to celebrate the DVD release of Star Wars - The Original Trilogy, but there are new sculpts on cards as I have already displayed above, then there are actual vintage style cards coming too like this one.

IMG_6013.JPG

P2150007.JPG

Also a 12" Line in the old style boxes like this one...

IMG_6067.JPG

As you can see the boxes are old styled but the figures are resculpts, making them not quite vintage style, but still nice nonetheless.

Now the big news is that according to The Private Universe, these will ship once and once only so when they've gone - thats it! So they will still be highly collectable (Might wanna get two sets, or three!)

That's all the latest for now, let me know your opinion on these.

Obi-Wan :rolleyes:

WOW! *gets all dewey-eyed and nostalgic*

I must admit I have mixed feelings about these. The figures look great, but making the packaging so like the originals...hmm...not too sure about that.

I agree about the potential collectible status though. Sadly so much recent SW stuff has been labelled "Collectible" or "Limited Edition" in a blatant attempt to shift more items. "Limited edition of....100,00!"

It will be nice for something to be issued that really IS a limited run - but hopefully at affordable prices to give everyone a fair chance of getting one or two.

:rolleyes:

Hey fellow collectors,

A few of my most prized possessions are:-

Star Wars boxed (and damn near mint) Han Solo blaster

A full set of large size Star Wars US lobby cards which I bought for £12! :0)

Star Wars boxed land speeder

Boxed ESB 12" Boba Fett

ESB boxed twin-pod cloud car

ESB boxed Falcon

ROTJ boxed Snow speeder

My baby son Lucas who will inherit my collection provided he doesn't sneak into my collectors room and 'play' with all the 'toys' behind daddies back!

• 2 weeks later...

What is the one singular Star Wars related item that you would really like to own? Be it toy, prop, or general collectible?

I think I'd like to own Obi-Wan's Episode III outfit including lightsaber(s).

Obi-Wan :D

Sad confession time.

I have a complete set of every figure ever issued both vintage and modern, both loose and carded, and every space ship ever issued, with box, also a complete set of 12" dolls (sorry large scale action figures)

My collection takes up not only the loft but also two bedrooms - much to my wife's dismay. I keep telling her it's my pension in waiting

I also have a very comprehensive autograph collection and about 40 signed carded figures

Crusty

Sounds like my place! lol

My loft is full to bursting, I have a Star Wars dedicated room, there is stuff in my garage too, and some of it stored under my stairs and even in a display cabinet in the dining area.

I have a ton of Star Wars autographs too, and photos with the celebrities, and a few signed 12" Action figures, and 3 3/4 Action Figures.

Obi-Wan :P

As posted earlier, I used to have a huge collection of vintage and more recent figures, but over the past couple of years I have sold a lot of them off, keeping just a few items I remember having as a kid. It was getting ridiculous from a space point of view - so much so I may have needed to buy the flat next door to keep my collection in if it got any bigger! :yoda:

The 2nd/guest bedroom here has Star Wars wallpaper on two facing walls - complete with border! - thanks to a friend of mine who works in the decorating trade. It is a bright, quite mad room! :o

Two of my most precious items live in the main bedroom. They are the Captain's and co-pilot's seats from the Radiant VII at the beginning of The Phantom Menace, salvaged from the burning remains of that unfortunate ship! :lol:

I spose the type of thing I'd most like to own would be a major prop from the original trilogy. The person I bought the seats from owns Luke's rifle from A New Hope and Lando's blaster from ESB...but he is not selling!

Also, as I am sure some are aware, when Sotheby's or Christie's (can't remember which!) had some items in a movie auction just over a year ago, they went for loads! A TIE Fighter pilot helmet went for around £16,000 and a proto-type X-Wing Pilot helmet for around £6,500 if I remember rightly...

Oh well...we can all dream... ;)

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

I would like just one vintage still carded, so if anyone has any reasonable offers...lol

By the way, any photos of people's collections would be most welcome here.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Sorry Obi-Wan! I have no original carded figures left. I mainly had some of the ROTJ ones I remembered having when I was a kid. I had a full set of vintage loose complete figures, but I am glad I stopped with figures when I did. Some of the vintage carded figures are sooooooooooo expensive!

I guess the "holy grails" are a carded Power of the Force Anakin Skywalker with the coin (1985) - which has sold on eBay for around £5,000 and the SW (1977) carded vinyl cape Jawa, which has fetched more than £7,500!

Ouch! :lol:

I would like just one vintage still carded, so if anyone has any reasonable offers...lol

By the way, any photos of people's collections would be most welcome here.

Obi-Wan  :yoda:

Sorry Obi-Wan! I have no original carded figures left. I mainly had some of the ROTJ ones I remembered having when I was a kid. I had a full set of vintage loose complete figures, but I am glad I stopped with figures when I did. Some of the vintage carded figures are sooooooooooo expensive!

I guess the "holy grails" are a carded Power of the Force Anakin Skywalker with the coin (1985) - which has sold on eBay for around £5,000 and the SW (1977) carded vinyl cape Jawa, which has fetched more than £7,500!

Ouch! :o

I heard that some traders were making vinyl Jawas loose out of old Obi-Wan capes (even though it was a different colour) and trying to sell them on. I did hear some guys from my neck of the woods were up to this. ;)

I guess the only figure of vintage worth that I have is the Blue Snaggletooth.

Obi-Wan :lol:

Edited by obi-wan

I have seen some of those. Arguably worse/sadder are those who have tried to fake loose Luke stormtroopers! Take the head of a Luke Jedi, stick it on a stormtrooper's body and put with the hollowed-out head - which obviously doesn't fit!

That is truly pathetic...

These same people did this too. I know exactly what you mean. Thing is they have traded at Collectormania and other fairs such as NEC on several occassions. (Not that that is any slight on Showmasters, just the traders who carry out this ripping off of fans)

Obi-Wan :vader: