Disabled question......

erin_sumara

Ok so I shall be bringing my mum to this event and have already had some questions answered (Thanks Stuart!) for her disabled needs but wondered if anyone knows what the seating is like in this venue?

I am aware the venue has just been done out, but at other venues there has been a seating area or general chairs in the cafe, and was curious if anyone knows if there is similar this time?? I'd assume there would be something for the food area.

Basically just trying to figure out if we're going to need to carry a camping chair or something so she can sit when she needs to cuz the amount of walking and standing me and the bf do is going to be a problem for her.

:blink:

If its in the new place, only SM will know.

If its where we were last year, there were several sets of seats (basically the disabled/stewards seats for footbal games) that the public could sit on, so there are seats dotted around everywhere :blink:

Ok so I shall be bringing my mum to this event and have already had some questions answered (Thanks Stuart!) for her disabled needs but wondered if anyone knows what the seating is like in this venue?

I am aware the venue has just been done out, but at other venues there has been a seating area or general chairs in the cafe, and was curious if anyone knows if there is similar this time?? I'd assume there would be something for the food area.

Basically just trying to figure out if we're going to need to carry a camping chair or something so she can sit when she needs to cuz the amount of walking and standing me and the bf do is going to be a problem for her.

:P

Definately bring a chair, I am disabled myself and last year was a nightmare. Even though people could see I was using a walking stick and having difficulty standing people would not give up a seat for me. I think Showmasters do a fantastic job on the whole, but they do let themselves down when it comes to people with disabilities, I am more than happy to get to the venue early and stand in line to get tickets for the guests I want to see, unfortunately my body just won't let me physically do it so I miss out. Hopefully someone from SM will read this and give the matter some thought? I spoke to them at CM15 but they said it was stand in line or miss out and there was nothing they could do.

Hopefully someone from SM will read this and give the matter some thought? I spoke to them at CM15 but they said it was stand in line or miss out and there was nothing they could do.

Did you ask to speak to TooTall at C15? He's helped other handicapped attendees out a lot.

I've been on crutches for a couple of events myself, twice even in a wheelchair with a friend. The crew has always been very good about helping out and give her two tickets. I just had to sit down somewhere within their sight.

If you're on your own maybe you could ask someone in line if he/she was willing to do that if everything else fails. You would still have to be there, but maybe it is doable if you sit down.

Oh dear!

Yeah I'd recommend speaking to TooTall, I had a couple of questions about waiting round for photoshoots, seeing as that tends to be the most waiting time I find, and he's been brill offering help.

The Showmasters FAQ says someone else can get your VT for you if you're in sight and either clearly having trouble or flash your blue badge (or similar) if you're on your own I'd say speak to a pit boss and have something that says your disabled - just because if someone thinks they can abuse the system they will - obv you wont, but I can imagine they'd need to check.

Thanks for the reply though, my mum is the same as you, she has a stick and just can't physically stand around as much as me and the bf do.

:chair: