ET4 Newcastle Meet Up

Rachel92

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, good. you'll have an awesome time, I did at ET2 last year. Can't wait for this one.

I think most of us are staying at the Hilton. How are you getting down to Brum? I was going to get train, but the bus worked out so much cheaper. So I thought I'd save money, so i've got more to spend at the con.

Nothings really been said about the meet up, a few people have been away so it's been put on hold. We'll have to sort something out soon tho, as it's coming around fast. Is it 9 weeks tomorrow?

Rachel have you found out if your friends are going yet? I hope they don't leave everything till last minute for you to get sorted.

It was going to cost just me about £73.50 return. That was coming home on Monday. But it was only £42 return on the bus. So thats £30 extra I can spend on drinks :D At least the bus there is no change over, so less change of me getting lost! (As I do that quite abit :D)

Hey Danielle :D

I'm staying at the Hilton, I think most people are tbh. I can remember (vaguely) someone said they were staying at the premiere inn, can't remember who though. You should check out the Roll Call thread, all the details are on the first page.

Nothing has been sorted about the meet up at the minute, it's been a difficult time to try and arrange something coz alot of people have been away. I think the best thing to do though is to have 2-3 meet ups, if we have time, because some people can't make certain days.

Only time I can really make is the weekends coz I'm going back to college in September, unless we arrange something that's in the next 2 weeks then I can pretty much do any day.

Anyone have any suggestions on what were doing? I think we should try and keep the cost down though, means more spending money for ET4 :)

Nah, my friend doesn't know what she's doing yet. She said she should know by Sunday. I hope she doesn't put it off though because she's leaving it awfully late for me to try and find a roomie. Thankfully I know a few people looking for a roomie atm so I should be fine.

you should make a facebook event or something giving a set date, at least then people will have time to plan for it. just a thought!!

im self imployed so i can make whatever day but the monkey which is my little boy will probably be in tow!!!

That's not bad. At least you've got plenty of time to get yourself sorted! I wanted to go by train, but it was quite alot, the bus was much cheaper. And I can't get lost changing over trains. :dance:

How are all your outfits going? I've just got sorted today. All I need to do is pack. I'm not getting dressed up for the last night, so thats saved me some money. I've just got nice top from Peacocks, which I knew I'll wear again.

Yeah, the whole changing trains thing is bound to confuse me but I think Lauren said if she wasn't driving she was getting the train, which means we can be confused together haha.

Well I'm all set for the Volturi Ball, apart from shoes. I bought some off ebay but they're too small so I'll have to find some more. Also going to have to buy 1 contact lense since one of mine has a slight tear init :dance:

Pretty much set for Edward and Bella's wedding reception too. Just need to figure out which jewelery I'm wearing and that's about it. I do need to get my 2 dresses taken in a bit though coz they're both too big "/

I'm not dressing up for the last theme coz I'm not 100% sure if I'll still be there plus it would cost more money to buy a costume and money is already pretty tight.

At least for me the bus picks me up and Boro bus stations, theres a pickup at York then it's staight to Brum. I think I'll get abit :dance: when I get there as I've got to get to the station to the hotel, but I'm srure I'll sort something out.

I was going to get some contact lenses, but changed my mind as I didn't fancy trying to put them in and take them out. I ordered a bag a few days ago hopefully it's the right colour.

I was in Whitby on Sunday and came across a Maxi dress. It was £42 I got it for £25. I shocked everyone at home as it's Blue and everything I wear is Black. All I need to decide is fashion jewellery or a real gem stone.

I found that with the Ball dress. But thats all sorted now! Thanks to my mam and sewing machine.

I always said if I stay I wasn't getting dressed up. As I spend £50 on an outfit for ET2 and about 12 people got dressed up. I felt so out of place. I'm just wearing a pair of legging a black and white top and a pair of boots.

My finances are well and truely screwed, wanna go to the Vampire Diaries con :dance:

Is anybody going on megabus? Im so glad I got a pay bump this month.... I might have to skip the party themes, doubt I can afford it :D

I wanna go see that new fish movie. We could go see that if anybodys interested?

Edited by beauty&bear

I'm cool with going to see that but with it being an 18 I know Alex wont be able to come see that if she can make it. So how about we see something else? If you's guys to want to go see a film that is? We could grab something to eat or drink before or afterwards too?

What do you's think?

Nothing too pricey though. I haven't really got much money and ET4 is fairly close now.

I think the gate would probably be the better option but Eclipse isn't on :(

Here's what's on. You can't check for the Saturday yet though but I'm guessing it'll be pretty much the same stuff

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/index.php?p...;scope=2/9/2010

Just checked and here's what comes out on the 3rd:

Dinner for Schmucks

The Switch

The Last Exorcism

Soulboy

Splintered

Jonah Hex

The Horde

Why Did I Get Married Too?

No Impact Man

Edited by Rachel92

I'm going on the National Express bus. from Boro to Brum it was £42.

Bless, I'm almost sorted for spending money now. All I need is new tyres for my car and I'm sorted. Well apart from trying to find a outfit for Friday nights theme. I changed my mind about outfit yesterday so I'm back to square 1.