Looking for a roomate

Nickki

Hello ! :)

Please feel free to delete this if it's not allowed, I've tried to contact the moderators but still got no answer.

(Please excuse my poor english, I'm french)

So, here's the trouble. I'm planning to go to Chevron 7.5, but as you know, going alone and staying in a hotel is a bit expansive... So I'm looking for a roommate.

I plan to stay in The Fish Inn, it sounds great and since I'm French, I want to taste the english culture lol ^^

Anyway, if you're interested, please contact me. I'm really friendly and I don't bite at all :YAHOO:

Thank you !

Hi Nickki,

first of all welcome to the forum. Don't apologize for your English, it is really good. :YAHOO:

The personal message system is disabled on this forum, this is why you couldn't reach a moderator. You also can't e-mail the moderators through the site. You should have received an error message when trying. I am really sorry if you did not get this message. Sometimes the board gets a little temperamental. :clap: Me and some of the other moderators do have e-mail addresses in our profile. Please feel free to contact us there if there's a problem.

Requests for room mates are posted here very often. So don't worry, this is absolutely okay. I am hoping you find someone.

Hello Queen_Sindel and thank you for your kind words ! :huh:

Actually I've sent an email to one of the moderators, using her email address, because as you said I've received an error message. But now that I know it's allowed, it's fine :)

I hope I'll find someone too, it is always better to have someone to talk to ! :poki:

Actually I've sent an email to one of the moderators, using her email address, because as you said I've received an error message. But now that I know it's allowed, it's fine :)

Oops... sorry for that. Maybe that moderator hasn't checked e-mails yet, or the mail got lost in cyberspace.

There's always people coming on their own, and the fans are really friendly. If you want to talk to someone just start chatting to the person in line next to you. I met a lot of new people that way. :poki:

Well Nickki, for those of us that only speak English (and not well either!) lol You are amazing at your written english :D

Welcome to the forum :rolleyes:

Just pop on here and chat from time to time, that is how I got to make loads of friends in the Eternal Twilight Forum last year.

I went to my first Chevron in January and it was really fun and friendly :D

And the autograph lines are an excellent place to get chatting to people too as QS says :D

Hello ! :)

Please feel free to delete this if it's not allowed, I've tried to contact the moderators but still got no answer.

(Please excuse my poor english, I'm french)

So, here's the trouble. I'm planning to go to Chevron 7.5, but as you know, going alone and staying in a hotel is a bit expansive... So I'm looking for a roommate.

I plan to stay in The Fish Inn, it sounds great and since I'm French, I want to taste the english culture lol ^^

Anyway, if you're interested, please contact me. I'm really friendly and I don't bite at all :D

Thank you !

Actually 25 pounds per night isnt much at all.... considering in london most are close to 100 pounds per night for what is basicly a bed and thats it... they arnt great... that place looks promising and quality more than worth it

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome ! :wub:

@MajorCopeSG1 : You're right, 25£ is nothing by comparison with some other places. Thing is, I've sent an email to them and they don't answer :P I don't feel like calling them, because I'm just VERY bad at talking in english.

@Mojoe : LOL ! Scottish is indeed hard to understand, I remember when I was in a vacation camp in Scotland, we visited a beer manufacture and there was a Scottish guide - my god, we couldn't understand a single word lol ^^

@Rhianydd Thank you ! :D I hope I'll meet a lot of people here before the event, and find a roommate, too ! ^^

@MajorCopeSG1 : You're right, 25£ is nothing by comparison with some other places. Thing is, I've sent an email to them and they don't answer :cylon: I don't feel like calling them, because I'm just VERY bad at talking in english.

That's not good. Did you try that odd contact form on the website? I'm always a little weary of those.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Yep, I've contacted them via this form. I guess either they haven't received my mail, or they don't have time to answer, but I find this hard to believe.

Anyway, if I really have to I'll call them, but I'd rather prefer not to :cylon:

Hmm... just tried calling and no one answers.

But it's Good Friday and quite early (from what I found online this is a pub renting out some rooms). I'll try again after Easter and see what I can find out for you if they still haven't replied to your e-mail then.

Hi there!

My family and I plan on getting to Chevron 7.5. Can anyone recommend us cheap accommodation?

And how can we get from Birmingham to Northhampton? Is there only train or are there also coaches? Which option is cheaper?

What I can't understand is, why the Chevron conventions take place in Northhampton :borg:

We are from Germany and I know lots of people from Germany who go to the Chevron events or would like to go there, but even Birmingham is quite hard to reach from Germany :( And the location in Northhampton makes it (nearly) impossible to go to the event.

I agree with you Shadow of Atlantis, Northampton is VERY difficult to reach... I live in France and I have to take the plane to London, then the bus to Northampton :borg:

Try to look for a pub, that's what I did and I found a very cool place to stay, and with the help of QS it's gonna be great :(

Train from Birmingham is way easier than coaches because there is a train station right at the airport. For coaches you'd have to go into town by train first. Price-wise it is about the same from what I remember.

For coaches you try looking up connections here: http://www.nationalexpress.com

I know the location seems like a bit of a pain to get to, but I personally think it is worth it. If there's a show in London it's usually at the airport - so nothing around, and a hard choice for food options too. The Park Inn is quite central, and within 5 minutes there's several pubs and fast food options, plus a shopping centre with a supermarket.

Yeah, but there is only one single airline which goes from Munich to Birmingham and that only twice a day and the times are a real pain. Stuttgart is the same problem and even more expensive...

Probably flying to London and taking a coach from there will be the only solution for us as well.

So therefore I definitely prefer the event itself to a huge shopping center. The shopping center doesn't help at all to get there...

Don't take it the wrong way. I don't want to cause any trouble. It's just a thing I don't get, cause showmasters and massive events - as far as I got the impression always try to make every event a perfect event, but from my point of view and the point of view of other people Northampton isn't the best solution location-wise.

Edited by shadow-of-atlantis

Yes, unfortunately the shopping center doesn't help you get there, but at least it makes things easier during the weekend once you're there. (Forgive me, I'm terrible: I always try to find something positive. :borg:)

If Munich is involved London and then coach may indeed be the easier option. National Express is running several services from London as well.

Do you maybe have the chance to go to London Luton airport? Luton is to London what Hahn is to Frankfurt, quite a bit outside of the actual city. If you can catch a flight there you'd have half of the coach distance covered already.

Ouch. Okay... there goes my cunning little plan then. :(

Birmingham and train and London and bus are unfortunately the standard travel options. I'll see if I can come up with something else.

Friends of mine usually go to Comic Con by train, but from your area that's probably more expensive than flying and very likely more time consuming. :borg: