Naked Gun/Police Squad!/Airplane! reunion?

Hannerzzz09

While we have Leslie over,I thought why not have a few of the actors/actresses from the Naked Gun films,and even Police Squad! (as well as Airplane! considering it's the 30th anniversary.)

I missed George Kennedy last time,& what better time to have him back than this show?

Other possible Naked Gun guests:

- Priscilla Presley

- Raye Birk (Papschmir)

- Jeannette Charles (Queen Elizabeth ii) she is a Queen Elizabeth ii lookalike & has played her in many tv programmes & films down the years)

- Richard Griffiths (Dr. Albert S. Meinheimer/Earl Hacker in 2nd Naked Gun film..also Vernon Dursley in Harry Potter films)

Police Squad guests:

- Peter Lupus (Officer Norberg)

- Ed Williams (played Ted Olsen in both the Naked Gun films & Police Squad!)

- Ronald "Tiny Ron" Taylor (Al in Naked Gun & Police Squad! ..he's the tall guy who's face is never seen).

- William Duell (Johnny the Snitch)

Airplane! guests:

- Robert Hays (Ted Striker)

- Julie Hagerty (Elaine Dickinson)

- Peter Graves (Captain Clarence Oveur)

Any of these guests would be welcome additions to the lineup for me & I'm sure many others..agreed?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree.

I think Leslie did a US signing show with George Kennedy last year and I'd love to see them together. George was a superb guest last year and I'm sure he'd be very popular again.

And I'd love to see the Airplane! actors over here. If it doesn't happen for this show then I'd still like to see them at any future SM show.

I think Leslie did a US signing show with George Kennedy last year and I'd love to see them together. George was a superb guest last year and I'm sure he'd be very popular again.

Well in that case what are you waiting for Showmasters?? :P

Let's get George back over & have one of the greatest line-up of guests ever! (A Nielsen/Kennedy reunion would be absolutely amazing.)

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep,apparently they did a Chiller convention together in New Jersey in October 2008 which was a major success.

They would indeed be great guests to have at the same show,and this could be our last chance as I can't imagine Leslie ever coming back again to Autographica after this show. Leslie's now 84 & George is 85 so they aren't going to be around forever!

I've just seen on the BBC that Peter Graves has passed away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8567400.stm

Yes I've just seen that too. Very sad news. Glad that at least Peter was a guest at MK back in 2006.

And rather like the Apollo space guests, it does bring into sharp focus what Hannerzzz09 said just a few days ago -

---

They would indeed be great guests to have at the same show,and this could be our last chance as I can't imagine Leslie ever coming back again to Autographica after this show. Leslie's now 84 & George is 85 so they aren't going to be around forever!

-----

What sad news to hear of Peter Graves' death.

Would have loved to meet him,he seemed like a really nice man - & what a great actor..fantastic in Airplane! as Capt.Oveur & excellent in the Mission:Impossible tv series too..

And as spocks-brain reminded us,the likes of George & Leslie & all the space guys aren't getting any younger - this sad day reminds all of us just how lucky we are to be meeting these people..:P

Yes we definitely are lucky to get these great people to appear at the shows. I've often thought of Autographica in particular as a walk through history, as we make our way round each show.

There are now quite a few former Autographica guests that I've met over the years who are sadly no longer with us - Sir John Mills, Richard Todd, Millvina Dean, Great Escape war hero Jimmy James. And quite a few from other shows, both SM and non SM.

I just wish we'd have had these type of shows when I was first collecting, all the guests we could have had. But so glad that we've had the chance to meet at least some of the surviving legends of entertainment and real life history over the last decade.

And each show we always seem to get great guests, both first timers and favourite returning legends.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the Airplane interviews on the special collectors edition DVD,& there are a few great guests there who I'm sure would love to come over,especially since Leslie will be here.

Aside from Robert Hays & Julie Hagerty,how about:

Barbara Billingsley (Jive Lady) - "Oh,Stewardess,I speak jive."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Co-Pilot Roger Murdock) "Huh?"

Lorna Patterson (Stewardess Randy) - "I'm 26 & I'm not married."

Lee Bryant (Mrs.Hammen) - "I've gotta get outta here!,I've gotta get outta here!"

Norman Alexander Gibbs & Al White (Jive dudes) - Shiiiiiiiit Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Rossie Harris (Joey) - He's never seen a grown man naked,or been in a turkish prison,or hung round the gymnasium,or doesn't like movies about gladiators. :D

David Leisure (Religious Zealot)

Come on,how about a few of these guys for the 30th anniversary of this great movie??

:smile: