Want to try cosplay fo the first time.

I'm gonna go to LFCC 2010 and I want to dress as my favourite comic character, The Punisher.

I don't want to enter any competitions when I'm there but I do want to meet and talk to other cosplayers. Should I be joining any online groups and organizations before hand or is it easy enough to just show up and look for other people in costume?

This'll be my first comic convention as well.

I'm gonna go to LFCC 2010 and I want to dress as my favourite comic character, The Punisher.

I don't want to enter any competitions when I'm there but I do want to meet and talk to other cosplayers. Should I be joining any online groups and organizations before hand or is it easy enough to just show up and look for other people in costume?

I've never done cosplay but have spoke to loads who do. Plenty arrive already in costume and have always found everyone is very friendly and easily talkative in fact the hardest part is shutting some up! dress up and enjoy it! :P

I've never done cosplay but have spoke to loads who do. Plenty arrive already in costume and have always found everyone is very friendly and easily talkative in fact the hardest part is shutting some up! dress up and enjoy it! :YAHOO:

Wicked! I'll do that then.

I cosplay..and I'm nice :P So you can speak to me if you want.

Cool. Who're you dressing up as if you go to LFCC?

This probably goes without saying, but if you're dresing as The Punisher ( Or, indeed, any armed character ) KEEP ANY WEAPON PROPS IN A BAG UNTIL YOU ARE INSIDE THE VENUE!

Shouty caps aside - If you're seen in public with anything that "could reasonably be mistaken for a firearm" then you could be on the receiving end of an Armed Response Unit. So bag your gear while travelling.

Also, if you're using airsoft guns as props, you really want to make sure that you have no BBs in them or even on you, no batteries and no gas in mags when you're wandering the con floor.

Yeah, and visit the cosplay area first when you get there and have your weapons checked by one of the staff there, they will mark it with a small gold star to say its safe :P

And the upside of that, your in the cosplay zone! So many people in costume to talk to :rolleyes:

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Yeah, and visit the cosplay area first when you get there and have your weapons checked by one of the staff there, they will mark it with a small gold star to say its safe :rolleyes:

How dare you make assumptions about which kind of sticker we'll be using? :P

Yeah it probably won't be a star again, if we always used the same kind some people would bring weapons that broke the rules and just stick their own sticker on.

This probably goes without saying, but if you're dresing as The Punisher ( Or, indeed, any armed character ) KEEP ANY WEAPON PROPS IN A BAG UNTIL YOU ARE INSIDE THE VENUE!

Shouty caps aside - If you're seen in public with anything that "could reasonably be mistaken for a firearm" then you could be on the receiving end of an Armed Response Unit. So bag your gear while travelling.

Also, if you're using airsoft guns as props, you really want to make sure that you have no BBs in them or even on you, no batteries and no gas in mags when you're wandering the con floor.

Yeah, I did think that. I've got a replica mp5 with a real silencer fitted to it that fires bbs which I wanted to bring but it'd just be more trouble than it was worth. Especially in the capitol. Probly just bring a couple of pistols in a bag and transfer them to holsters when I get there. Found an ace shop on ebay that sells tactical gear!

I've only ever cosplayed Lara Croft before..and I might do her for a few hours one of the days but it'll mainly be Twilight cosplay this year.

Alice Cullen and Bella Swan. Starting on them both properly next month :).

Nice, I know Laura Croft but I've never seen twilight.

Has to be the Punisher for me. Been looking at tactical gear on ebay.

I've wanted to go to one of these conventions for ages. Can't wait!

I might be dressing as the Red Skull, so if you do end up doing a Punisher costume, we have to get a picture, dude.

Can do. Wonder if anybody'll go as Jigsaw or Baracuda. Be cool to get a picture with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've only ever cosplayed Lara Croft before..and I might do her for a few hours one of the days but it'll mainly be Twilight cosplay this year.

Well Im thinking of dressing up as Edward but need to grow my hair again!! Never actually done Cosplay before tho

Ace :)

Do you have your costume ready or are you stil making one?

well the one I got I wore to a twilight fan event last year when we went to the O2 for a swcreening of New Moon.

UK Twilight Fans on facebook is our group

can you send me a link to the photo becase i cant dfind it?

It wont let me upload my pic of me dressed up... the only things is my hair shortish in the pic

can you send me a link to the photo becase i cant dfind it?

It wont let me upload my pic of me dressed up... the only things is my hair shortish in the pic

if you want u can find me on facebook.. john 'bondy' bond

It'll be a sad day when you stop doing Lara Croft altogether :(