important news for Eternal Twilight 4

showmasters

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a long conversation in the loo (of allplaces) at ET2 with a lovely french lady (didnt get her name) and was most embarassed that she could speak to me in English but I couldnt reply back in French (my french is useless!)

lol typical :D

my french is bad. though i did save ben at collectormania london when a woman asked how long until a talk finished and i was like 'vingt-cinq'

( i think it means twenty five :( ) and she was like ... 'oh merci'

I had a long conversation in the loo (of allplaces) at ET2 with a lovely french lady (didnt get her name) and was most embarassed that she could speak to me in English but I couldnt reply back in French (my french is useless!)

Yh, it's a great place to talk ! x)

Lol ! Well, let's say that you can speak English in a lot of countries (and be understood) whereas French is not really used ! People say it's a bit difficult to learn ! ^^' Still, English speakers who try to say some words in French - even the most basic one - are really, really cute !

Did you learn French at school ? Or Have you just heard a few words sometimes ?

Really cute? Is that a polite way of saying hilarious to listen to! :( lol :D

I studied it only until I was 16

We went to euro disney a couple of times and went out into France and I had to speak it then. It was painful trying to drag up the vocabulary lol

so usually I have to say

Je regrette, mais je ne parle pas le francais!

See what I mean? lol

If I understand you well as you have postponed the sales of the places for Et4, it means that we won't have very important guests? In that case, are the tickets going to be cheaper? Personally, I will come wathever happens but I would like to know more about that. Are we going to know one of the guests for Et4 before buying the tickets? I think it would cheer the buyers up :thumbup:

:YAHOO:

Every guest is very important to someone. :thumbup:

Even if Massive Events decide not to get the guest Jason mentioned now that does not mean tickets will become cheaper, sorry.

It is possible that there will be a guest announcement when the tickets go on sale, or shortly after that. It has happened at other shows. But this isn't a guarantee it will happen again.

Really cute? Is that a polite way of saying hilarious to listen to! :band: lol :D

I studied it only until I was 16

We went to euro disney a couple of times and went out into France and I had to speak it then. It was painful trying to drag up the vocabulary lol

so usually I have to say

Je regrette, mais je ne parle pas le francais!

See what I mean? lol

LOL ! No ! Of course not x) I was serious ! This afternoon, I had a class with an American teacher who just starts learning French.. and when he hears us speak French, he wants to repeat and know what it means.. and when he does repeat it makes us smile (in a kind way obviously ^^ ! )

Ok ! Did you stop because you didn't like the language or because it was useless for what you wanted to do ? ^^

Oh, Euro Disney is great ^^ ! Lol didn't you have anything (like a dictionnary) to help you out ? ^^

LOL! Well, see, you may not say a lot of things but what you say is actually more than correct ! A lot of French people wouldn't even use the polite terms... xD

I stopped cos I went to music college, so didnt need french for that

I was never any good at written french so would have struggled at the next level.

When I was 15-16 I used to spend a lot of time at my friends house and her mum was french. Before we did our exams, any time I was at her house, her mum would say "en francais" ever time I said anything in english! lol

No, I never took a phrase book to eurodisney, we just decided to go on the bus to the local shopping village and caught a cab back, my boys were really impressed that I could do it lol But I bet the taxi driver was laughing at me lol

I just have a bit of text book french, thats why its so polite lol I am always amazed at people who can speak multiple languages! :D

Ah ! Je me sens moins seule ^^' :wub:

:D

Tu es allée à toutes les conventions (ET1/2 et Prom ?) ? :)

Non, je ne suis seulement allee a la Prom.

Je suis aussi allee a LFCC et Collectormania London.

I was next in the queue for a Charlie Bewley autograph at Birmingham Prom and he had a lovely conversation in french with the person in front of me. I wonder if that was you ;)

Edited by Rhianydd

I stopped cos I went to music college, so didnt need french for that

I was never any good at written french so would have struggled at the next level.

When I was 15-16 I used to spend a lot of time at my friends house and her mum was french. Before we did our exams, any time I was at her house, her mum would say "en francais" ever time I said anything in english! lol

No, I never took a phrase book to eurodisney, we just decided to go on the bus to the local shopping village and caught a cab back, my boys were really impressed that I could do it lol But I bet the taxi driver was laughing at me lol

I just have a bit of text book french, thats why its so polite lol I am always amazed at people who can speak multiple languages! ;)

Oh, all right. Music college, wow ! Musicians and artists are great. They express their feelings through their music and all, and sometimes it is just beautiful. "Where words fail, music speaks" =)

Okay ^^'

Lol ! Great friend's mum ;p I hope it was useful in the end x) :dance: .. We're told the same at college.. only the situation is reverse "In English please !" ^^'

Seriously, from what you told me, I'm sure you get by (and well) in French ^^

You could teach them what you know and then they could impress other people :dance:

I agree wholeheartedly ! The other day I was watching TV and it was a model who was speaking and telling people about her life.. and she said she spoke 7 different languages, without any difficulty and with fluidity ! I couldn't believe my ears x)

Ah ! Je me sens moins seule ^^' :wub:

:D

Tu es allée à toutes les conventions (ET1/2 et Prom ?) ? :)

Non, je ne suis seulement allee a la Prom.

Je suis aussi allee a LFCC et Collectormania London.

Ah d'accord.

Enfin, c'est déjà pas mal :)

Tant mieux, ça fait de beaux souvenirs !

Hello! I'm italian and I went to the prom in London. I was concerned because I was a foreigner and I didn't know anyone, but I had a lot of fun and I talked with many people. I couldnt'be be at ET2 and I won't be at ET3 unfortunatley, but I want to go to ET4 ...for sure...

At twiprom I could chat with some french girls who were seated nex to me during the Q&A session...it was great to see people coming from different countries :(