Room Share - Be Aware

Rpatts-Forever

I'd love a rhi cake haha *stomach just rumbled*

Think im totally gonna take up dominoes on their offer!

Any pizza any size £9.99

jeeeez you'd just get the biggest wouldnt you? even if you dont eat it, just to get the money's worth! haha

Great minds :firedevil:

HAHA yesss! though i dont eat pizza so for me it wuld be pointless just to get it for the price :P

How can you NOT eat pizza? It's so good :D

If you haven't booked a room that specifically states it sleeps 3 people, then I would assume they are well within their rights to do so, yes. This is obviously without reading the agreement etc. It could come down to being made to pay for the 3rd person or something.

And presumably, if 1 is on the floor, you haven't officially booked 3 in.

Technically they have to be able to tell the emergency services how many people are booked into each room in case of fire etc, so they wouldn't be happy if they found 3 in a 3 person room that was only booked for 2 people. Given the restrictions of fire regs (and their insurance), I would imagine their line would be that if the room could legally hold that many people, then they may be allowed to stay, subject to any paperwork and any extra charge being paid, but no doubt terms and conditions would allow them to kick you out. If there were more people in the room than it could legally sleep, then I suspect they would either make you pay for another room (if one were available) or they may just kick everybody out for breaking terms and conditions.

Ah the joys of doing cons for so many years.....tip....leave the do not disturb sign up! And of course dont order any room service!

Definitely. Many years ago I worked for a summer as a hotel cleaner at a large establishment, and a thoroughly wretched job it was too. But the hotel operated a bonus scheme with its cleaners. If during the course of your job you saw evidence of "unauthorised overnight guests", tipped off the management, and you were correct, you got a ten quid bonus. (And that was in the days when you could get thoroughly wellied for a tenner and still have change for a bag of chips and curry sauce...). This was only if you saw stuff in the normal course of your job, and they were very clear that this did not mean searching people's bags etc, but if you saw stuff like a sleeping bag unrolled on the floor, or 3 toothbrushes on the basin in a twin room, that was all stuff you were supposed to report.

Using the "do not disturb" sign reduces the chance of hotel staff coming in to your room whilst you're out, but i still wouldn't leave any "evidence" lying around.

(plus, the third person won't get breakfast unless they pay separately, and they may notice then, depends if they are hyper organised and note how many people have paid per room. eg If 6 turn up for breakfast on a two room key, wonder if they would know) -_-

**Edit**

Hubby said it does say on the sheets.

You have to show your room key on breakfast, and they ask how many, on the list it says the room key and the number of occupants.

Some hotels I've stayed in seem to make absolutely no check on who has breakfast. Some are very tight. I would definitely not risk trying to get more breakfasts than your room is entitled to; it's a very easy and obvious way to get busted. (I wouldn't even all leave the room at the same time in the morning - suppose 4 people walked out of a twin room one morning just as a member of staff was walking past - guaranteed to raise suspicion.)