Cosplay-What you planning for 2010 :)?

touchthesky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What one did you get? If it's Rubies... it'll need work :thumbup: I went with Rubies for the new movie uniform, only as the fabric was too pricey to reproduce.

It was i got it from ebay and thought it looked good but when it arrived it didnt look quite as good iam trying to think of a good place to get one as it has made me wary of buying just by the photo on the website

I know what you mean. I only grabbed the new one from Rubies after seeing it in store (A1) and from there figured out what I wanted to adjust - and it still needs work.

Warp-One.co.uk does some nice work. I've had some stuff from there before. The First Contact era gear wasn't perfect but they've improved their pattern since then. If I had the cash I'd try out the stuff from an eBay seller that does customs (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cosplayying) as they look quite nice.

Unfortunately - Rubies is the only place for the new stuff :/

Rubies = teh balls. You might try Costume Base on eBay. Their stuff is pretty good and reasonably well priced. Admittedley, their Wars stuff is better than their Trek stuff, but meh.

Anyway. Yellow trousers. Hard to find. Harder still with black pinstripes. Anyone got any ideas? Is it possible to only dye the white bits on a pair of black and white pinstripe trousers?

Edited by MartyMichaels

Thanks James and Marty for the help i will definitely check them out :smile:

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-2.jpg

No problemo.

Also, this arrived in the mail today...

scpin.JPG

...and my mum offered to buy me a new sewing machine. I don't really need one, but she seems excited by this concept.

Thanks James and Marty for the help i will definitely check them out :D

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-2.jpg

No problemo.

Also, this arrived in the mail today...

scpin.JPG

...and my mum offered to buy me a new sewing machine. I don't really need one, but she seems excited by this concept.

cool pin where did you buy it :dance:

Edited by carnosoul

Cool. I could probably make one of those myself. Maybe. How long do you reckon it would need to be? Longer than a normal tie, certainly. Anyway, I had a bit of a rake and found these:

dscf2484j.jpg

Which are not yellow. So, I've ordered some of this crap off eBay:

api291382_1.jpg

And also some of this:

dylpaint11.jpg

There's blue painter's tape in the shed. This could either be great or sh!t.

Edited by MartyMichaels

I've used the same - the dye should work perfectly. The paint... I have a pot of red that I used for the utility belt and it is wonderful stuff.

Fingers crossed!

I tested out the new sewing machine today. Despite it being a 'value' model from Argos, it's working a lot better than the Singer. Which is amazing. I finished off the pocket and stuff on Ravens Colonial officers uniform, have stitched the shoulder panels, patch and clips on the BDU's and just need t make a few more mods to that with should take about an hour or two.

So then... the official sewing of Marty's Colin Baker jacket shall begin. Good times.

And then I'll tighten up and do some work to the Trek uniform from last year.

This is a very informative post.

Cage, I swear to god dude, I'm going to build a **** statue in your honor when you get this coat finished. Verily, thou art teh man. Incidentally, If you need my sexy body for measurments or whatever, call or text or something.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Cage, I swear to god dude, I'm going to build a **** statue in your honor when you get this coat finished. Verily, thou art teh man. Incidentally, If you need my sexy body for measurments or whatever, call or text or something.

Just come by if Bishopton hits the fan. I'm avoiding all that standing right now and if I go again, I might punch a kid. Right in his smug, arrogant loud little Paisley face. Horrible little people at those shows.

As for the costume... if it works, feel free to praise me. I'll panic until then. I always do.

So I bought a pair of spats today and a can or orange paint. Let's see how this goes...

EDIT: Also found a nice pair of vintage grey and black pinstripe trousers that might work with a bit of yellow dye. Didn't buy them, but might go back and get them.

Edited by MartyMichaels