AUTOGRAPHICA LECTURES

prendy9160

I am just wondering is there any news of the lectures or talks yet, i am looking forward to Stafford/Scott/Carpenter about the apollo /mercury/gemini program, if you get the chance to go to these please make sure that you get to listen to the pilots of the war they are the most humble of men and they made a grown man cry with there bravery and attitude.

I am just wondering is there any news of the lectures or talks yet, i am looking forward to Stafford/Scott/Carpenter about the apollo /mercury/gemini program, if you get the chance to go to these please make sure that you get to listen to the pilots of the war they are the most humble of men and they made a grown man cry with there bravery and attitude.

What are the usual prices to get into the lectures,& must you book them beforehand??

At the last few shows four lectures have been included in the price of the gold pass. I think Dave posted a while back though for this show they would revert to being £10 per lecture.

The Astro Info Service usually runs these and I think they used to take bookings before the show over their site but generally it's not a problem buying them on the day, even when they were free.

I know its another expense but these are well worth attending, the quality is usually very good and these may be one off oppourtunities. I've never regretted a penny I've spent on talks, it's usually that I regret the ones I didn't go to!

Hope it's OK to post this but the AIS have just added this to their site:

For your information only, the space guests who have expressed an interest in attending Autographica 14 are:

Scott Carpenter (Mercury 7, Sealab) - who HAS agreed to give talks

Dave Scott (Gemini 8, Apollo 9, Apollo 15) - WILL NOT be giving talks

Tom Stafford (Gemini 6, Gemini 9, Apollo 10, Apollo 18 (ASTP)) - first Autographica appearance - at this point, Stafford is NOT giving a talk.

Al Worden (Apollo 15) talks UNDER DISCUSSION - we will advise in due course.

In addition, there are a number of WWII pilots and air crew veterans who we hope will agree to give joint talks. In previous shows, these have been divided between a fighter pilot talk and bomber pilot/crew talks and have been highly popular. At this show, we are following the same theme of A FIGHTER PILOT and a separate BOMBER CREW talk. The exact details of who will participate in each talk, will be confirmed at the show, full details will be available on our stand.

PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE (Subject to change)

Saturday:

11 am TBC

12 noon TBC

1 pm Figher pilots

2pm Scott Carpenter

3pm Bomber pilots

4pm TBC

Sunday:

11 am TBC

12 noon TBC

1pm Fighter pilots

2pm Scott Carpenter

3pm Bomber pilots

4pm TBC

VIP passes will be entitled to four complimentary lectures, all other pass holders will be £10 per person per lecture as per previous shows.