Hotel room prices?

Avengers7

£70 is the flat fee but you have to add VAT on top of that which brings it to approx £80. Last time round it was £70 including VAT.

True that is £6 unaccounted for but I did query it with the hotel and they said it was because it was a twin room delux rather than a standard which the rooms appeared to have been last time.

I've seen a few others have been charged the same so whether or not the hotel have seen fit to put everyone in better rooms I'm not sure.

That said the alternative is to pay £112 and not have breakfast included. There are other hotels in the area as well but then you have to factor in the inconvienience of being based offsite, plus last time round the hotel let us off paying for parking for the weekend when we were able to show we had been staying at the hotel, there's about £7 saved straight away!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi There

Yes the hotel pricing structure is a bit complicated.

A standard twin will cost you £70 plus vat.

If you want an upgraded room they charge extra. Remember the standard rate on the card for those rooms is very much higher. The hotel are now getting very busy so i suggest you book those rooms early. You will not have to pay until you check out.

Dave Phillips

The hotel are now getting very busy so i suggest you book those rooms early. You will not have to pay until you check out.

Dave Phillips

Just move into the hotel and never check out then, it'll be free lol!

Can someone confirm as I've just tried to book a room via internet and they want to charge me £86.50 per night.

I booked the other day also & they charged me £86.50 for the night (£70 plus VAT) so don't worry you didn't get ripped off.. :)

Best Wishes,Shane!