The ROTK Cry-o-meter!!!

Cathyvicki

1. Frodo telling Sam to go home.

2. Merry and Pippin being parted.

3. Theoden's death.

4. When Pippin finds Merry.

5. When the Fellowship are reunited

6. When Frodo goes to the Grey Havens.

I silently cried so much during the film. Those are the scenes I can remember but there's probably more!!

Ok... correct me if I'm wrong... (this is going to sound really stupid) but is that you Katie? Ignore me if you aren't called Katie!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Frodo telling Sam to go home.

2. Merry and Pippin being parted.

3. Theoden's death.

4. When Pippin finds Merry.

5. When the Fellowship are reunited

6. When Frodo goes to the Grey Havens.

I silently cried so much during the film. Those are the scenes I can remember but there's probably more!!

Ok... correct me if I'm wrong... (this is going to sound really stupid) but is that you Katie? Ignore me if you aren't called Katie!

Thanks for the welcome elijahs_ladie and yes Holly, this is Katie!

1. Théoden’s speech 'Ride to ruin and the world's ending!'

2. Gandalf and Pippin talking about where you go when you die and how it's not that bad.

3. Pippin finding Merry and saying he'll look after him

4. Er............yeah pretty much everything after Pippin finding Merry!

* Frodo's 'naked in the dark' speech.

* Sam talking about Rosie Cotton.

* 'You bow to no one'......Billy's big grin in that scene.

* All the Arwen scenes.

* Frodo and Bilbo in the carriage.

* Grey Havens is a given.

Sweet baby Jesus, even the hobbits in the pub had me weeping like a bitch.

I find The Return of the King to be a fairly emotional film *bites lip*. Yeah.....

So, when is the fourth one out then? Next Christmas?! Oh god.......there is no more.........

What am I supposed to do next Christmas? Go to mass? Ha. I'm Catholic, I don't DO mass.

Tara xxx

I must admit that as I think back to my viewing of the film I find myself remembering being more caught up in the film as a whole. The battle scenes were great and not over done. In The Two Towers I was on an emotional kick their asses rollercoaster ride with the Battle for Helms Deep. All I know is that come the release of the Cinematic Release DVD I will be watching all 3 cinematic releases back to back until December 2004 and then nigh on 11-12 hours of Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Men...screw the orcs I wanna see Gimli and Legolas counting kills again...AND THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE...did I laugh...no I frickign kissed my ass goodbye from laughing so much...

I didn't cry as much when i saw it the 2nd time. I suppose it doesn't help with people talking and someone kicking the back of your seat :D LoL! Maybe next time!!

I actually cried more the 2nd time! Probably cos I knew what was going to come next and I wasn't with my parents! (They would have teased me so much if they'd seen me crying!) I reckon I would have cried even more if 3 of my friends weren't talking and giggling the whole way through it, that was damn annoying!

I didn't cry as much when i saw it the 2nd time. I suppose it doesn't help with people talking and someone kicking the back of your seat :D LoL! Maybe next time!!

I actually cried more the 2nd time! Probably cos I knew what was going to come next and I wasn't with my parents! (They would have teased me so much if they'd seen me crying!) I reckon I would have cried even more if 3 of my friends weren't talking and giggling the whole way through it, that was damn annoying!

I can sympathise with that... seeing as we were sat next to each other! Note to others: I wasn't a giggler!

I would have shouted my head off if it hadn;t have been Claire, Hannah and Lyz laughing!

Loads of parts of the film made me cry, but the soundtrack does too! Listening to Into the West sets me off big time, the words are just so meaningful & appropriate! Have I got a problem? :wub:

If you have a problem then so do I!! :wub:

I was listening to the soundtrack today and that was it, crying again, the grey havens and the black gate opens are just so emotional.

I cannot believe this film has touched me so much and bought on these feelings, I do not normally cry at films and get like this so it is all new for me. I am going to see it again on Saturday, so more tears!!!!

Its so nice to know though that there are other people out there that feel the same and dont think I am being stupid. :wub:

Loads of parts of the film made me cry, but the soundtrack does too! Listening to Into the West sets me off big time, the words are just so meaningful & appropriate! Have I got a problem?  :wub:

If you have a problem then so do I!! :wub:

I was listening to the soundtrack today and that was it, crying again, the grey havens and the black gate opens are just so emotional.

I cannot believe this film has touched me so much and bought on these feelings, I do not normally cry at films and get like this so it is all new for me. I am going to see it again on Saturday, so more tears!!!!

Its so nice to know though that there are other people out there that feel the same and dont think I am being stupid. :wub:

Awww theres loads of us that have been left gibbering wrecks since the 17th December :P

If this board has taught me anything - it's that it's perfectly normal to be emotional and teary eyed throughout the film. I think you'll probably find you'll cry different amounts and at different times everytime you see the film. I cried a lot in Fellowship and every time I saw the film the tears were slightly different - different amounts, different scenes, different reasons... People are constantly changing - just watching the film changes you - so you relate or connect to different events or characters - it's strange but sometimes I'd see a scene from a completely different character perspective than when I usually watched it, or I'd spot a tiny little detail that meant the world to me. The whole team put so much emotion and detail into the film - that you're always discovering new depths. Lets just say, I saw Fellowship 25 times at the cinema and I was still crying as much the last time as I did the first, that shows power and depth to me.

Lorannah

If this board has taught me anything - it's that it's perfectly normal to be emotional and teary eyed throughout the film. I think you'll probably find you'll cry different amounts and at different times everytime you see the film. I cried a lot in Fellowship and every time I saw the film the tears were slightly different - different amounts, different scenes, different reasons... People are constantly changing - just watching the film changes you - so you relate or connect to different events or characters - it's strange but sometimes I'd see a scene from a completely different character perspective than when I usually watched it, or I'd spot a tiny little detail that meant the world to me. The whole team put so much emotion and detail into the film - that you're always discovering new depths. Lets just say, I saw Fellowship 25 times at the cinema and I was still crying as much the last time as I did the first, that shows power and depth to me.

Lorannah

Yeah! Cause like when i watched it for the first time i didn't cry. Cause i wasn't a big fan! Like not obssessed! But i am now obviously! 'n' when i was a big fan, I didn't cry at the bit when Boromir dies. But i definitly cry no matter what at the bit at The Falls Of Rauros, with Frodo and Sam. That big hug *OMG* It's just soooooooo sweet!! :angel: and the bit after Moria when they're all crying. Get's me everytime! Just the thought that Pippin is crying soo hard cause he feels responsible for Gandalf's death! Awwwwww!! You just wanna give them all a hug! :P