"New Moon" halted over lawsuit

naurarwen_fangorn

Not sure if anyone has read this but I just found it when I went on a story related to Coronation Street.

From Yahoo.com

"Twilight sequel New Moon has been thrown into jeopardy - author Stephenie Meyer is facing a plagiarism lawsuit over the vampire franchise, according to reports."

"New Moon" halted over lawsuit

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Ah just spotted the date as being 20th April. Seems a bit silly anyway. How come even though the books have been written for quite a few years, Meyer's so called college friend has only just realised its apparently like something she wrote in school.

Oh well even if it is, her loss. Stephanie Meyer is the one who has written and published the books and presumably the one who has got it copyrighted.

One thing regarding who has the copyright or not; if the college friend who we now know to be ficticious could have proven that they had written similar things prior to Meyer writing the Twilight series, then they would have a case.

Stephanie posted on her site about it, even the college friend is made up!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

Just shows how things can be blown out of proportion.

Thanks for that! Just shows how ridiculous some journos/people are! It's great to read in her post that she had gotten choked up by Kristen, Rob and Taylor's performance. Gives me hope that it will be as much as an emotional rollercoaster as the book was; for me anyway! I've lost count the amount of times it made me cry! It never fails to make me cry whenever I read it again! I'm such a wuss lol!

Luv Dayna!