TNA Spoiler Zone - Latest News And Rumours

Will Jones

The heavily rumoured storyline being nurtured at the moment is that Samoa Joe will have a mentor/manager in the near future in the guise of Taz. Taz is under a no compete clause at the moment, but is already teasing a jump to the Florida based set up in blogs.

Also, Bobby Lashley - who debuted at Lethal Lockdown on Sunday - is going to be part time in that he wil still work MMA events. It is unknown which side he will be on, but his lack of time as a World Champion and a professional wrestler brings doubt upon him going with the Mafia.

LIve they may be great but thats probably because all the guys hogging the limelight on tv are too old and kanckered to appear on the road :wub:

True but the best match was Angle, Stiner VS AJ, Jeff. They had the best match i seen, if they did that on tv it would have been there best match

That just about sums up everything thats wrong with TNA. A main event match featuring Angle (can still go but really shouldnt for his long term health), Steiner (so pumped up im surprised he can move), Jarrett (someone who only tops the bill cause hes the owner, and was only world champ in WCW when it was going down the toilet and they were desperate), and of course AJ (deserves to be there as hes one of the best athletes on the roster).

When a company has the Machine Guns, LAX, Joe, the entire X Division etc its quite frankly nothing short of embarrasing to see the Mafia and Foley headlining and holding the world title. There is simply no difference between TNA right now and WCW before it went to the wall imo.

TNA is a business. It has to put bums in seats at live events, and have fans buy the PPVs etc. Some of the excellent talent that is not getting such high exposure as a lot of fans think they deserve are not getting it because TNA needs to expand it's viewing audience and need headline players to do this. Also remember that TNA is now owned by a company in it to make money. This isn't the Jeff & Jerry Jarrett project anymore. It has to answer to the money providers.

ames like Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Sting, Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett are worldwide known talent and bring in casual viewers. Then, the rest of the roster can keep them watching. I think the way that TNA - even though Russo is involved - is correct in gradually elevating stars like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, The Guns, LAX etc etc is the best long term project to have.

Look at Low Ki since he has signed with the WWE. Oh, you can't as he hasn't bee called up to the main shows.

WCW went spam up because Eric Bischoff, under Hulk Hogan's control and manipulation, hired over the hill talent at truly stupid pay levels. If anyone but Bischoff and Hogan had been pulling the strings, then WCW may still have been competing today.

TNA has great matches and sometimes has to do things like putting the World Title on Mick Foley to garner wide ranging media attention. Foley's title win has garned a lot fo print media coverage in the States, and this is what TNA wanetd and needs to survive and prosper.

Personal tastes aside, TNA is a great alternative to the waining WWE at the moment. I rarely watch the WWE live or when it is broadcast as I fast forward through the crap.

• Moderators

Low Ki had to have surgery which I think would be a fair reason why he hasn't turned up anywhere.

Even people like Punk spent a good amount of time in development working on the WWE 'style' of things. It doesn't mean they don't get there eventually.

With TNA, I don't have a huge issue with the old guard being at the top - specifically Angle who is arguably the best in the world - as long as they bring up the other guys to their level. It's the best way of doing business, and eventually they'll hopefully be able to headline with just guys like Styles/Joe etc on a continuous basis. But they don't get accepted as top tier talent by the masses easily.

I must admit I do get frustrated with TNA because I'd personally like to see it as more of an alternative to WWE or WCW Lite etc. They have all the talent there, and they don't need to be bringing in people like Trevor Murdoch or whoever else. The ingredients are right, but a lot of the time they just don't put them together in the right way.

That's not to say that WWE do any better half the time, but TNA should take advantage of that, and they don't most of the time.

I forgot about Low Ki's surgery, but I was shocked that he didn't get an appearance straight away as he is far from being a developmental talent.

I was surprised at Murdoch's hiring, but then again, they did hire Mat Morgan.

It is frustrating when spots are missed, but being too different to the WWE may backfire in the long run.

What was going on with TNA last week. They showed LAshley walking backstage but he didnt make it to the arena did he?? I sure didnt see him. I know hes not under contract as yet but this sort of booking is stupid, if you dont think hes gonna hang around then dont put him onscreen at all.

Lashley has agreed a contract and the fine tuning of what his schedule will be remain unknown at this moment. He will combine TNA and MMA, but to what extent is also unknown outside TNA.

The appearance of Lashley this past week was to further the mystery surrounding his arrival and if he has a working relationship with Angle. TNA are doing more Impact taping Tonight and Tomorrow, and thus more should become clear afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Foley has enough of a name and enough 'stroke' to veto anything he doesnt want to do, but just like so many before him he chooses to pimp himself out and p*** all over his legacy with absolute garbage like having a match with a cardboard cutout of Rocky. Its neither clever, funny, ironic or entertaining and im really sad for a company that promised so much to be going so badly wrong......yes this is all opinion but thats mine and im sticking to it.

I have never been a fan of Foley, and never will be to the extent some are. As regards a legacy, the only legacy I see is that MF embodies the term "stunt man" and "trash wrestler" as used by peers of his both in and out of storyline.

MF p*ssed away his "legacy" the day he wrote a book. If MF had stroke, then he wouldn't have done half the stuff he did in the WWE and then leave. He is renowned as being tight with his money and also someone who will do pretty much anything for a pay cheque.

I personally feel that the only reason TNA offered MF a contract was to trade on his name that he has wh*red out for years previously.

I personally feel that MF is an embarrassment to the wrestling industry, and comments made by the MCMG on Impact/PPV about him are spot - even if in storyline.

If you are on about "stroke", then the fact that Sting has refused to drop the belt to anyone but Foley shows who has stroke.

• 2 weeks later...

TNA have put a hold on Bobby Lashley coming in as they are in a cost cutting process. Expect a number of less used talent to be let go, and cheaper talent such as Raven, Shane Douglas and Victoria to be used.

Jenna Morasco may well be taking time off - hence the NO WOMEN IN THE MAFIA declaration by Sting last week - as her real life boyfriend has been diagnosed with a form of cancer. No news on if and when she will disappear, but it seems likely as her boyfriend started chemotherapy last Friday.

Taz will make his first appearance in July as mentor to Samoa Joe.