Kristen for ET2

Emelso

I think it would be an interesting oppurtunity for her to redeem herself. a lot of the fans don't seem to like her very much, and I would be interested to see how she reacts to that, and also what sort of a role model she see's Bella as, I wouldn't be upset if she came!

I'd like her to redeem herself, 'cos at the mo I'd rather chew off my own arm than meet her.

omg Kristen going would be so good! but we all know she's rather like Rob in some respects... with shyness and being uncomfortable.

i personally cannot understand all the hatred, but like you say, if she was to go, all the "haters" would be all talk no action. which would be really saddening to be honest. lol

so YAY to Kristen! and NAY to haters!

PLEASE GET KRISTEN AT ET2!!! (or at least, ask very politely :YAHOO: )

All talk no action? Huh?

all talk no action as in - the haters would claim they wouldnt talk to her, they act like they wouldnt touch her with a barge pole, but i bet that if kristen went to the con, they'd all start talking to her like they love her.

therefore.. all talk, no action (they talk like they hate her, but wouldnt stick to it if she went)

I would not suck up to her. I dont hate her I think thats a very harsh word to use especially if youve never met the person! But I do not like her at all.

Ive seen a few of her films and as a person currently auditioning to get into acting school, I can say with knowledge that she does not act. I dont know how shes got this fat tbh.

I dont like her as Bella (I admit there is a huge part of jelousy there as I personally think I could do a much better job! For starters I actually like the book and secondly Id act as Bella not as me reading off lines Im given. Oh and I wouldnt complain as much and insult fans!!) But I also dislike her because shes not Bella. Bella is described as very soft and breakable, but in the film it looks like Kristian could kick Robs butt!!!

If she came I would ask her why she doesnt act! I mean I have some respect for her in the fact she has managed to have a career for so long without doing much. (Her dad works in showbiz.....)

Im sorry but I just had to state that I would not suck up like I love her and then the reasons why Im not hating Im disliking!!

Besides were all entitled to our own opinions right?

xoxo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen a few of her films and as a person currently auditioning to get into acting school, I can say with knowledge that she does not act.

I have to disagree. I have found her convincing in everything she's been in. She's a very natural actor, not showy at all, and I think that's why some people don't get her. You're possibly looking for something bigger from an actor, more overstated? She's not like that at all - you can't see the cogs turning like with some less subtle actors. She's very downbeat, very sparce, very naturalistic.

You mentioned that as someone auditioning to get into acting school you know "she does not act". I went to drama school myself, and while I don't think for one moment that makes me any kind of expert, one thing I learned quickly is that if someone can tell that you are acting, you're not doing it right :YAHOO:. Jodie Foster and Sean Penn I would consider to be experts, and they both rate Kristen highly. She's getting superb reviews for the Cake Eaters right now and has been nominated 4 times for Young Artists Awards in the past, so I don't think her talent is in question, whether you like her or not.

Ive seen a few of her films and as a person currently auditioning to get into acting school, I can say with knowledge that she does not act.

I have to disagree. I have found her convincing in everything she's been in. She's a very natural actor, not showy at all, and I think that's why some people don't get her. You're possibly looking for something bigger from an actor, more overstated? She's not like that at all - you can't see the cogs turning like with some less subtle actors. She's very downbeat, very sparce, very naturalistic.

You mentioned that as someone auditioning to get into acting school you know "she does not act". I went to drama school myself, and while I don't think for one moment that makes me any kind of expert, one thing I learned quickly is that if someone can tell that you are acting, you're not doing it right :YAHOO:. Jodie Foster and Sean Penn I would consider to be experts, and they both rate Kristen highly. She's getting superb reviews for the Cake Eaters right now and has been nominated 4 times for Young Artists Awards in the past, so I don't think her talent is in question, whether you like her or not.

I totally agree with your idea that if you can see that someone is acting its not good but she plays every role exactly the same. And she acts the same in interviews as she does on film. Basically she never really goes into character. Im not saying Im an expert but Im really interested in this career field and have done my research and when you watch someone like Johnny Depp who can do such a range and even someone closer to home with us, Peter Facinelli. His range of characters is unbelievable he goes from soft carlisle, where he even changes his voice! To loud, foul mouthed Phil in Love sucks with an italian accent! He is totally different as each character and each character is different to his real self.

Whereas kristian is constantly the same, even her movements, like the way she bites her nails during the phonecall to renee, she does that in interviews all the time.

I totally agree with your idea that if you can see that someone is acting its not good but she plays every role exactly the same. And she acts the same in interviews as she does on film. Basically she never really goes into character. Im not saying Im an expert but Im really interested in this career field and have done my research and when you watch someone like Johnny Depp who can do such a range and even someone closer to home with us, Peter Facinelli. His range of characters is unbelievable he goes from soft carlisle, where he even changes his voice! To loud, foul mouthed Phil in Love sucks with an italian accent! He is totally different as each character and each character is different to his real self.

Whereas kristian is constantly the same, even her movements, like the way she bites her nails during the phonecall to renee, she does that in interviews all the time.

She does go into the character - I think she was absolutely into Bella's mindset in Twilight. It's down to the roles she has played, I think. She's been a little similar in a couple of things, I agree, but that's because she is cast to type. Catherine cast her as Bella because she liked her "yearning" in Into the Wild. So she's gone from a yearning teen to another yearning teen. If she was cast as something vastly different, like a period movie, then I'm sure we'd see her bring another side to her performance.

I love Johnny Depp too, but to be fair was very similar in his early roles - the mad characterisation has come with age and even now there are definite manners and tics that make a lot of his characters very similar. That's fine - you should let some of yourself inhabit the character. I think as Kristen grows out of the teen toles we'll see different facets to her performances. I'm not a mad Kristen fan or anything, but I do think she is an incredibly gifted actress and I'm would go as far as to bet that she'll an Oscar nomination before too long.

She does go into the character - I think she was absolutely into Bella's mindset in Twilight. It's down to the roles she has played, I think. She's been a little similar in a couple of things, I agree, but that's because she is cast to type. Catherine cast her as Bella because she liked her "yearning" in Into the Wild. So she's gone from a yearning teen to another yearning teen. If she was cast as something vastly different, like a period movie, then I'm sure we'd see her bring another side to her performance.

I love Johnny Depp too, but to be fair was very similar in his early roles - the mad characterisation has come with age and even now there are definite manners and tics that make a lot of his characters very similar. That's fine - you should let some of yourself inhabit the character. I think as Kristen grows out of the teen toles we'll see different facets to her performances. I'm not a mad Kristen fan or anything, but I do think she is an incredibly gifted actress and I'm would go as far as to bet that she'll an Oscar nomination before too long.

I can see where your coming from she has been type cast and maybe if she played someone totally different then I would have to swallow my words but for now Im sorry I cant agree with you, but Im going to stop and finish my side with a good point towards kristian! (Can you believe it haha)

I saw the video when the fans were outside her house and I think that was very nice of her she didnt have to sign things but she did. Also I think shes done very well to be younger than me and already had a long standing career.

So theres some Kristian...liking for you all!

(Wouldnt call it love!)

xoxo

I love Kristen.

But I don't think she'd do anything like this because all the attention slightly scares her.

I see how people find her rude, but I can come over like that because I don't really talk and I don't smile a lot and I'm quite sarcastic. I'm also quite awkward like she is. It's just her personality.

She's not going to change just because people don't like her.

I officially have a girl crush on her.

And about her not being able to act, that's obviously rubbish otherwise she wouldn't have got the part as Bella.

She's also amazing in the other films I've seen her in.

I love Kristen.

But I don't think she'd do anything like this because all the attention slightly scares her.

I see how people find her rude, but I can come over like that because I don't really talk and I don't smile a lot and I'm quite sarcastic. I'm also quite awkward like she is. It's just her personality.

And about her not being able to act, that's obviously rubbish otherwise she wouldn't have got the part as Bella.

Not coming back to bash her but she didnt audition for Bella.

Just letting you know.

I love Kristen.

Just letting you know.

Well isn't that just proving the point of how good an actress she is if she didn't have to audition.

tbh none of us can have an opinion on her, because none of us know her personally! you can't believe everything you read, and even if the stuff we do read is based on the truth then there's probably a good explanantion behind her behaviour.

i agree with what alli says, the 'rudeness' is probably people just misinterpreting her shyness. i used to be an extremely shy person who didn't smile often so i can relate to that. also, i personally think she is a good actress. that's my opinion! :)

I love Kristen.

Just letting you know.

Well isn't that just proving the point of how good an actress she is if she didn't have to audition.

Not really it shows that Catherine Hardwick likes her and her family. If she had auditioned like everyone else she probably wouldnt of got it. People in here wont agree with me but I know a lot of twilight fans out there dont think she did a good job and I reckon someone else would do a better job.

Also shes discussed leaving twilight because she doesnt want to be in it really it was forced upon her. Someone who actually wants the part would put a lot more effort into it.

That is a very good point. But I think fans would accept someone who actually wanted the role a lot better.

And a person who doesnt keep saying she never wanted to be involved in the first place and keeps resenting the project that they all love to bits.

I know! i dont think fans would resent her as much if she was happy about being involved.

I know I wouldnt!

Also I have to say I feel kind of bad and have to apologise to Emelso (sorry dont know your name!) because she stated please no haters at the beginning and I got a bit carried away with my arguement. I dont regret the things I said but Im sorry for hating when she asked people not to.

Please dont hate me I liked kristen in Panic Room :(

Personally I would love to meet Kristen - I think she's a great actress, and although everyone thinks she could have done some things differently as Bella - well Catherine Hardwicke obviously thought the way she played Bella was good or she would have done reshoots. And Stephenie Meyer visited the set and seemed to like the way things were being done.

I don't think I could deal with all the attention she is receiving either. After all none of the cast thought Twilght was going to be as successful as it has been.

It would be amazing if Kristen did come to a future event because we could ask her about how feels she got into the character of Bella and hear her opinion on how Bella is supposed to be played.

I had other visions of Bella as well but they may not have portrayed her properly had they gotten the part. But I would definitely love Kristen to attend - and we could do exactly what she wants by not asking the same repetitive questions over and over again. :P

Lol I also have a bit of a girl crush as well! About her not smiling very much, I don't think she purposely frowns all the time, I am always being told to smile more, I'm not upset and annoyed my face just doesn't smile! I find it very rude that in her interviews for her upcoming films, even with other actors from those films, she gets asked Twilight and New Moon stuff! Its just a bit rude and I know we all want information on the films, ask it another time!

Kristen prob the only cast member that I would love to meet purely because I want to know what sort of person she is! Jackson cause he is pretty and Peter because he is funny, but with Kristen there is a want to ask her about her thoughts etc! I am very much on the Pro side of things!

Sorry if this was messy am writing on my phone on the train, and I keep loosing 3G!

From Stephenie's own description of Bella in FAQ section of her website - "She has stubby fingernails because she has a nervous habit of biting them". So that's a character trait Kristen shares with Bella.

Edited by timpe

• 1 month later...