Works ongoing at Park Inn Hotel

n0fear88

Those who were at the first Hub con back in October will remember alot of scaffolding etc @ the hotel, and obvs there was issues with people being moved hotels because of this, well I emailed the hotel (not sure if anyone else has?!?) and this is what i got back today:

"We are almost finished with our refurbishment of the hotel.

However we hope that there will be minimal disruption as we only have one floor of bedrooms to finish.

At this time we have had no complaints of noise during the day"

So fingers crossed we wont have any problems XD

G x

I was there for Twilight last weekend and the only renovations visable to me (room was on the 2nd floor) were that the stair well was being painted - there was no disruption in the lobby or convention areas visable :blink:

surfy sah xx

For the love of god i hope i'm in a room that's done....last time i had a workman pass my window and stop and wave in at me...i nearly jumped outta my skin and it's a good job i hadn't stepped outta the shower or something....curtains were shut from then on ha ha ha.

• Showmasters Admin

I was also there at the Twilight con and it seemed like everything was all done, the hotel looks fantastic now, I really love the rooms, and the shiny new bathrooms, :D The restaurant area looks really cool too.

The only time I saw anything all weekend was on the Monday morning the guys were painting the stairwell, but while the actual event was on Fri-Sun I never saw anyone, or any renovations or anything. :)

Hope that puts your mind at ease!

SJ

xox

At lunch time today works were going on in the seating area adjacent to reception (minor cosmetics), scaffolding and external works appear limited to one end of the building and don't appear to affect any rooms.

My room seems pleasant, if I had to gripe about anything hotter water would be nice for my morning shower and a soapdish for the shower is an obvious omission

At lunch time today works were going on in the seating area adjacent to reception (minor cosmetics), scaffolding and external works appear limited to one end of the building and don't appear to affect any rooms.

My room seems pleasant, if I had to gripe about anything hotter water would be nice for my morning shower and a soapdish for the shower is an obvious omission

Is parking space affected at all?

A very few spaces taken up for workers parking and storage - nothing worth worrying about

A very few spaces taken up for workers parking and storage - nothing worth worrying about

Thank you. Last year it was about 50% below capacity and its not the biggest car park to start with, but if that's the case I won't worry too much, I'm sure I can find a slot somewhere :)

Cheers

Edited by catfish

Thank you. Last year it was about 50% below capacity and its not the biggest car park to start with, but if that's the case I won't worry too much, I'm sure I can find a slot somewhere :)

Cheers

We were there for the twilight convention and there were always parking spaces and considering there were 800 people attending I wouldn't worry about being able to park :D

Edited by theblackrose