so were you into vampires and werewolves before twilight?

bl00djunkie

so were you into vampires and werewolves before twilight?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. so were you into vampires and werewolves before twilight?

• yes i have always like vampire/werewolf stories
    • yes since buffy
    • no it was twilight that did it for me

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought queen of the damned was awful ...id reccomend people to stick to the book!

I have to be honest and say i havent read the books...but after that comment i think ill go buy them and give em a go.. As long as im being honest here it was Stewart Townsend in tight leather trousers and wearing a sexy smile that swung it for me lol..

Being an old git lol.....I'v been into the whole vampire/werewolf thing since the old hammer films. My fave vampire film would have to be Queen of the Dammed (after Twilight of course) and fave werewolf film would be Dog soldiers.

Loved Dog Soldiers! Must dig that out when I get my house straight, I haven't watched it in forever!

I was into Buffy/Angel years back and before that I watched the hammer films too. Christopher Lee as Dracula looks a bit comic now! I adored Bram Stokers Dracula with Gary Oldman and I am a big fan of the Underworld movies although I haven't managed to see the most recent one...yet!

I think the first Vampire story I read properly were the Vampire Chronicles and as much as I really don't like Tom Cruise, Interview with a Vampire is a great film.

So yeah, I was into the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing way before Twilight and I was also a fan of Rob too way back when he was 18 and in Goblet of Fire, I think I was the only one that thought he was good looking enough to play Cedric!

Hi again, Im just glad someone else remembers the hammer films lol. I loved the first 2 Underworld films, but i was really disappointed with Underworld rise of the lycans, the acting seemed a bit stilted at times but maybe thats just me..plus i just couldnt get the image of michael sheen (who plays Lucian) as Tony Blair in The Queen, out of my head lol, kinda killed his cool werewolf image for me... Amanda

Same! I drive my brother crazy talking about wolves on days when its a full moon :P

Now you are someone that knows you s%*@ i agree with all your statement... a company of wolves is pretty good if you have seen them.....the howling to if you like the cheesy side

I'm a bit of a werewolf obsessive - probably because I am really into wolves.

I loved the Howling movies at the time too, cheesy as they were. There are so few truly decent werewolf movies though. Although I completely loved it as a film, I was seriously disappointed when the beast of Gevaudan in Brotherhood of the Wolf turned out to be a big cat - all the reports at the time point to it being a giant wolf.

yeah i love wolves (and dogs..) ... i get a bit crazy on a full moon..lol

As long as they try to make it similar to the book (not everything will be exact though) and as long as the cast good people for the wolf pack then :P

Oh and Taylor :P

so as a rule sequals are often bad, any one worried about new moon??

Haha count Duckula I remember that.

Yes Lost Boys all the way, Kiefer, Jason Patric, Billy Wirth mmmm.

Then Corey Feldman with the amazing one liners:

"If you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice about it!"

"As a matter of fact, we're almost certain ghouls and werewolves occupy high positions at city hall"

:YAHOO:

I totally agree Lost boys and Near Dark did it for me, now my book and dvd collection is abundant in vamp and werewolf/ shape shifter type stories, blood and chocolate by Anette Klause, i read in about '99 prob was the most influential werewolf story....and then my aunty from the states told me about Twilight..' you've gotta read this Kayley (my cousin 12yrs) is in love" and I must say Twilight really and truly has been the one to remain in my mind still, i think i fell in love again..!

one movie that never really gets mentioned is near dark...that was a great vampire movie... if you want werewolf with a diffrence watch gingersnaps (dont bother with 2 or 3 there crap)

Totally! Near Dark in one of the most forgotten, but the best, they were meant to be doing a remake this year, but i think it's on hold because of Twilight, in my humble opinion i think leave it be!! I agree with ginger snaps too 2 and 3 were crap! Oh well the curse of most sequals (not all i hope)

so as a rule sequals are often bad, any one worried about new moon??

I am worried especially with the robert pattinson phenomenon , i'm worried they'll try and write him in it more, and also has anyone read that they were talking about having the jonas brothers involved, i'm hoping its all hollywood gossip. No offence to any jonas fans...but walt disney and camp rock yes...new moon - please no! Ok rant over..sorry..many thanks for this topic in the forum!!!!!

I was THE buffy fan by excellence :YAHOO: Like posters and pictures and DVD all over my bedroom. AND a Spike addict :YAHOO:

we have all be there..lol... i still got a poster on angel on the cerling...cant b bothered to take it down...supode i'll need to as im runnig out of sppace for my twilight posters...i thought id grow outta posters ... im 23 now.....

We are never too old for posters :dance:

I was THE buffy fan by excellence :YAHOO: Like posters and pictures and DVD all over my bedroom. AND a Spike addict :YAHOO:

we have all be there..lol... i still got a poster on angel on the cerling...cant b bothered to take it down...supode i'll need to as im runnig out of sppace for my twilight posters...i thought id grow outta posters ... im 23 now.....

We are never too old for posters :dance:

lol true buyt you cant actualy se any of my wall

I've liked Buffy ever since I was 11 and my mum brought me one of those 'best of buffy' box sets, but I can never afford to buy the actual whoel season DVDs (fingers crossed for my b-day this year) so i like it, but haven't seen many of the episodes XD

Apart from that, vampires were never really my thing, but I'm certainly liking the whole vampire trend thig going on at the moment on Tv and stuff.

When i heard they were goona make a re make of Near Dark i was gutted, wish they could leave some films alone and not try to Hollywood em up into money spinners...ahhh does my head in lol!! Anyone else like From dusk til dawn??? I loved it...also hav any of you seen Skinwalkers??? In gonna stay optimistic about New Moon.

Amanda

When i heard they were goona make a re make of Near Dark i was gutted, wish they could leave some films alone and not try to Hollywood em up into money spinners...ahhh does my head in lol!! Anyone else like From dusk til dawn??? I loved it...also hav any of you seen Skinwalkers??? In gonna stay optimistic about New Moon.

Amanda

yes from dusk from dawn's were great in a weird way... yeah skin walkers was good too.. what about bloodrayne?

Amanda

I saw skinwalkers last week, wasn't too impressed, but worth a watch, has anyone read 'Let the Right One in' yet the film adaptation is out april, directed by thomas alfredson an amazing book and can't wait for the film, it's Swedish though, i think???? will have subtitles, it's about 12 year old boy Oskar, who befriends a new neighbour Eli, the vamp, and it's for grown ups, even though its about a 12 year old, great modern twist! i loved it! Worth a read if your a vampoholic like me!

Does anyone remember Teen Vamp and Teen Wolf, what CLASSICS!

Amanda

I saw skinwalkers last week, wasn't too impressed, but worth a watch, has anyone read 'Let the Right One in' yet the film adaptation is out april, directed by thomas alfredson an amazing book and can't wait for the film, it's Swedish though, i think???? will have subtitles, it's about 12 year old boy Oskar, who befriends a new neighbour Eli, the vamp, and it's for grown ups, even though its about a 12 year old, great modern twist! i loved it! Worth a read if your a vampoholic like me!

Does anyone remember Teen Vamp and Teen Wolf, what CLASSICS!

teen wolf yes...and big wolf on campus...teen vamp i will have to look out for..what about fright night???

wasn't too into fright night, that was the one with the neighbours and tv show??? Teen Vamp is totally corny, typical of 1980's, beau bishop is in it, horny dork at high school who turns vamp and cool, there's a classic ray ban scene in it, don't no whether edward in the twilight film wearing ray bans is intentional, it made me chuckle anyway, it's an easy watch, prob bit dated now though!

wasn't too into fright night, that was the one with the neighbours and tv show??? Teen Vamp is totally corny, typical of 1980's, beau bishop is in it, horny dork at high school who turns vamp and cool, there's a classic ray ban scene in it, don't no whether edward in the twilight film wearing ray bans is intentional, it made me chuckle anyway, it's an easy watch, prob bit dated now though!

yeah thats the one! just ordered teen vamp ....let ya know what i think when i get it.

yeah thats the one! just ordered teen vamp ....let ya know what i think when i get it.

hi, will check out big wolf on campus too, thanks!!!

its a tv series its petty hard to find much .... there is a series called werewolf...you seen that? (its quite old)

its a tv series its petty hard to find much .... there is a series called werewolf...you seen that? (its quite old)

i think i remember the werewolf one, it was late 80's i think, will see if i can find that one too!

has anyone been watching Being Human on BBC 3? It's not half bad =]

just watched 4 episodes this morning and was v impressed! Does anyone remember ultraviolet the uk series with jack davenport...?

I wanted SO badly to love Queen of the Damned, but they recast Tom Cruise (who was THE PERFECT Lestat) so it was pretty much instant fail for me.

I've always been a vampire obsessive really. I write novels about them, among other creatures. I have to say, for all the vampire stuff I love, I've never seen a movie and only read one book about werewolves that I enjoy.

I wanted SO badly to love Queen of the Damned, but they recast Tom Cruise (who was THE PERFECT Lestat) so it was pretty much instant fail for me.

He did well considering how against type he was cast, but the perfect Lestat? He's certainly not at all like the character as Anne Rice wrote him - too safe, too shrill and too short. Anne Rice wanted Rutger Hauer who was a far more dangerous looking actor - think of him in Blade Runner and that's close to Anne Rice's image of him - a sophistictaed, educated killer. Tom Cruise wasn't dark or threatening enough. He pulled a good performance out of the bag, but I still thought Stuart Townsend was closer to the Anne Rice character (he had the right playful quality and he was sexy enough), even though the film was just terrible and they inexplicably left his hair dark.

The trouble I have with Tom Cruise as Lestat is that with the angular face and the curly blonde hair, I just see Sarah Jessica Parker ^_^