FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

angelicbella

Disclaimer: This is a piece written in Edward's point of view from 'New Moon'. This work is credited to Stephenie Meyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My life was over now.

I had no reason to exist. My Bella was dead, and I was the cause of her turmoil. Her pain was my fault.

Bella had jumped off a cliff because I had left her to basically die. I had told her nothing but lies. What was worse was that I had led her to believe that I didn’t love her. And now, she took her last breath as she jumped off of that lonely precipice, thinking that I did not love her.

I lowered my chin and closed my eyes, rubbing my palms over my stone cold face. All I could see was the agony in her eyes and the defeat on her beautiful face when I muttered the poisonous words, “I don’t want you.â€

And now, Bella was no more. She would never smile, or laugh, or be loved ever again. I had hurt her enough for her to end her own life. “My love,†I whispered to myself, as I stepped into the shadows underneath the clock tower.

The warm sun rays crept toward me, like a puddle that was spilt near my feet. I wanted to die. I didn’t deserve to live. Bella Swan was my soul, and now I would suffer as she did.

I peeled my eyes open slowly, and silently counted away the last seconds of my worthless life. This was it.

I took one step closer to the sunshine, anticipating a quick death. My shirt hung open and I stretched my arms, welcoming the hopeful chance that I would see Bella again, in another place. If only Carlisle was right that if I had a soul, I would soon join Bella again.

With five more seconds until the clock would chime, I pictured Bella in my mind and smiled. I could almost see her smiling back at me, her eyes shining with love.

I took another step, and another. I could feel the sun on my cheeks as I slowly put my right foot forward.

The clock tower’s bell boomed once, twice, three times...

I could hear her voice, screaming my name in a distance. I knew she had found me, and now we would be together again.

Though Bella and I would be gone forever, our love would never die.

“Edward!†Bella’s voice cried out again, this time closer. I could almost smell her now, her sweet fragrance. “Edward no! Look at me!â€

And then her soft body was in my arms as she threw herself into me. I caught her and held her to me, inhaling her scent.

My lips spread into a faint smile.

I wrapped my arms tighter around her.

Then I opened my eyes and she was there, as gorgeous as ever. Bella was alive!

“Amazing,†I murmured. “Carlisle was right.†I lifted my hand to gently caress her cheek. To see the love in her eyes again was heaven. I didn’t know how I had found her again, but I would never let her go, ever again.

AngelicBela

Angela

Edited by AngelicBella

Very well written, New Moon is the book I most want to hear from Edward's POV and you've captured one of my favourite parts of the book - I love it.

By the way, I noticed a typo on this line:

"The warm sun rays crept toward me, like a puddle that was spilt near my feet. I wanted to die. I didn’t deserve to live. Bella Sawn was my soul, and now I would suffer as she did."

I think you meant to put Bella Swan not Sawn, just thought I'd let you know. :)