Kristina Wayborn and Ivana Milicevic

PaulWeston

I was absolutely gutted as I travelled 400 miles specifically for Ivana , to find she had cancelled.

I am therefore leaving my decision whether to come down to this event until I know for certain that whoever I want to meet is actually there.

Edited by mcgill

I was absolutely gutted as I travelled 400 miles specifically for Ivana , to find she had cancelled.

I am therefore leaving my decision whether to come down to this event until I know for certain that whoever I want to meet is actually there.

Sometimes you don't find out until the day itself - I was looking forward to meeting Andrew Sachs, but only found out he had cancelled when I arrived at the event.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Guys i do appreciate you all travelling long distances to come, i really do.

I think what you have to realise is that some of these guests cancel at the last minute and i do mean last minute. Last year we were told on friday night that Someone had cancelled due to ill health. We only found out the real reason when the national press broke the real story. One year we booked a cosmonaut who would not get on the plane. There is just no way of guaranteeing a guest until; they walk through the door. We never have and never will announce a guest we dont have and will always tell you if a guest has 100 percent cancelled when we know. Sometimes the situation is out of control. When we first started doing this event we even had a sporting superstar booked who emailed us a few days before the show and asked if he needed a passport. Yes and you have guessed it he was in America.

You can of course always call right up until wednesday night 15th April at 9pm to check on the latest guest updates. When the ticketline is closed you can still book via paypal even on the sunday morning.

But please don,t be like Mr smarty pants last year who called at 8.59pm and was surprised when i told him we are closed . His watch was just a little slow !!!!!!!

Dave Phillips