Anyone Else Going it alone?

shivie

Hey there

im travelling down from glasgow to this con and im making the journey alone :poki:

Ive been to plenty of cons and know ill meet others as crazy as myself lol

Am still terrified tho as it will not only be my first con but first trip alone

Just wondering if im the only crazy chick braving it :poki:

Hey,

There are lots of us going alone, we're all planning to meet on the friday :)

Various groups are meeting, and have threads on this forum.

I'll be with the Eternal Ones :blink:! We're just a friendly bunch of adults and promise not to bite :uhoh:

I shall be travelling alone, coming to the con alone and staying on my own...and it's my first con so I don't really know what to expect.

I'm a bit nervous about it, even given that I'm one of the erm....older fans!! But, then I'm getting used to this being alone lark - none of my local friends are into Twilight at all (even though one did come see the movie with me on my birthday and loved it!) and the only people I talk to are a couple online...but they're not coming to the con. I'm just tired of missing out on stuff because I have no one to go with, so I booked it!!

Hopefully an old friend is also going - though she's not booked her ticket yet, and I haven't really spoken to her or had much to do with her in years...even though we're in touch on FB now, I'd feel bad gate crashing on her and her friends suddenly after such a long time.

So, I'm hoping to meet new people to befriend and who will speak to me. I'm a shy soul - went to a Twilight premiere (only local - nothing that exciting!) with a bunch of fans from Waterstones book store, and they had an after show party thing....I went hoping to find someone local to befriend and all that...not one person spoke to me... :huh: So...I'm really hoping my con experience won't be the same!!

I'll be the one in the corner...

xC

I shall be travelling alone, coming to the con alone and staying on my own...and it's my first con so I don't really know what to expect.

I'm a bit nervous about it, even given that I'm one of the erm....older fans!! But, then I'm getting used to this being alone lark - none of my local friends are into Twilight at all (even though one did come see the movie with me on my birthday and loved it!) and the only people I talk to are a couple online...but they're not coming to the con. I'm just tired of missing out on stuff because I have no one to go with, so I booked it!!

Hopefully an old friend is also going - though she's not booked her ticket yet, and I haven't really spoken to her or had much to do with her in years...even though we're in touch on FB now, I'd feel bad gate crashing on her and her friends suddenly after such a long time.

So, I'm hoping to meet new people to befriend and who will speak to me. I'm a shy soul - went to a Twilight premiere (only local - nothing that exciting!) with a bunch of fans from Waterstones book store, and they had an after show party thing....I went hoping to find someone local to befriend and all that...not one person spoke to me... :dance: So...I'm really hoping my con experience won't be the same!!

xC

Im so sorry u had a bad experience :poki:

Dont worry ppl at cons are always fab and welcoming ive made some lifelong friends at cons,

ull find ppl just as crazy as yourself :lol: nd there seems to be a gd few of us going alone so i definately dont think ull be sittin in the corner :lol:

xC

no you will not you will be the one enjoying yourself with the rest of us and i will know it's you coz you told me about your tat so i will hunt you down if i have to and your force you to enjoy yourself with the rest of us :) never fear!!!

Lmao!! Good thing this tat isn't in a erm...embarrassing place - can imagine you checking everyone out for it!!

Just picture me as a heavier version of Victoria - the wild red hair, but definitely not her figure! :D

And thanks Shivie - I'm fine if other people speak to me first. I just feel a little intimidated approaching a group of people alone...but I'm pretty sure my con experience will be much better than the premiere thing! I would love to make some new friends...most of mine have abandoned me because of my vamp obsessions (which started way before I discovered Twilight!)

xC

I am travelling alone as well from Denmark to Birmingham, but I don't worry too much. Already found people I'll meet with in the airport, going to share room with a great girl I've talked to over the internet for a long long time now and I've talked to so many others here on the forum and through msn.

I'm sure it will be fine :)

You will quickly meet people and talk to them here on the boards and if it is half as easy at the con itself, which I am sure it will be, if not even easier. Then I don't think there is anything to worry about. We are all there for the same reasons after all and you know we all have at least 1 thing in common :lol:

xC

no you will not you will be the one enjoying yourself with the rest of us and i will know it's you coz you told me about your tat so i will hunt you down if i have to and your force you to enjoy yourself with the rest of us :) never fear!!!

Lmao!! Good thing this tat isn't in a erm...embarrassing place - can imagine you checking everyone out for it!!

Just picture me as a heavier version of Victoria - the wild red hair, but definitely not her figure! :lol:

And thanks Shivie - I'm fine if other people speak to me first. I just feel a little intimidated approaching a group of people alone...but I'm pretty sure my con experience will be much better than the premiere thing! I would love to make some new friends...most of mine have abandoned me because of my vamp obsessions (which started way before I discovered Twilight!)

xC

yes that could be awkward "excuse me could you tell me if you have a vampire bite on your... " no i think wrist souds much better :) as i suggested before i will happily meet up with anyone who is going alone i think i may have to have to go into the hall witha big sign saying loners over here please :)

xC

Just picture me as a heavier version of Victoria - the wild red hair, but definitely not her figure! :dance:

xC

yes that could be awkward "excuse me could you tell me if you have a vampire bite on your... " no i think wrist souds much better :) as i suggested before i will happily meet up with anyone who is going alone i think i may have to have to go into the hall witha big sign saying loners over here please :)

Thats such a gd idea lol sounds like a plan :D

• 2 weeks later...