Horror event

chrono

• 2 months later...

I am honestly surprised Showmasters don't already run one of these around Halloween every year.

I can only guess there must be similar events taking place in some other country / countries that prevent Showmasters doing this.

Get the legendary directors and actors the main horror franchises and mix them up with the current horror film makers and cast and you would have an event I know I'd attend.

I am honestly surprised Showmasters don't already run one of these around Halloween every year.

I can only guess there must be similar events taking place in some other country / countries that prevent Showmasters doing this.

Get the legendary directors and actors the main horror franchises and mix them up with the current horror film makers and cast and you would have an event I know I'd attend.

There are lots in America.

Check out HORROR ETC PODCAST where they visit one and listen to their dismay at having to pay for autographs!

How about a good horror event with the old stars like freddy kruger jason chucky

Maybe thats the thing: if you have a horror con over here, sooner or later the horror guests are gonna run out. You can only have Freddy/Jason/Chucky etc over a few times before people get bored? Still if it works in the states....

How about a good horror event with the old stars like freddy kruger jason chucky

Maybe thats the thing: if you have a horror con over here, sooner or later the horror guests are gonna run out. You can only have Freddy/Jason/Chucky etc over a few times before people get bored? Still if it works in the states....

Yip but we could have the italians,japanese and now the french horror folk.

Edited by vintageSW77

there are manys films with many stars im sure they could get diffrent guests each year and still keep up the intrest!

Yes the sums do not add up.

If this is a forum on the whole mostly filled with tv fans and organizers who dig tv shows there isnt going to be fair representation of how many want a horror con.

Edited by vintageSW77

I think the way SM see it is this:

There is no need for a specific horror con because there is no reason why those horror guests cannot just simply be added to general LFCC or CM line-ups. Also those line-ups already struggle to find a decent number of guests anyay, why take-away potential horror guests from LFCC/CM by putting them in their own specific con?

I think the way SM see it is this:

There is no need for a specific horror con because there is no reason why those horror guests cannot just simply be added to general LFCC or CM line-ups. Also those line-ups already struggle to find a decent number of guests anyay, why take-away potential horror guests from LFCC/CM by putting them in their own specific con?

Is the climate that bad at the moment that we have seen the glory days of guest line ups to be excited about gone forever?

Theres the odd gem in Nimoy but i think that the influx of american tv shows and the ever availability of minor jobbing uk actors famous for a 2 lines of dialogue role is killing the con circuit.

• Moderators

But just because you're not interested in american tv shows or the minor actors, it doesn't mean they're not worth getting along. If they didn't do decent business, then why would we see so much of them?

It's always going to be a challenge to get higher profile working actors - Bruce Campbell for example took years to finally get, although admittedly he was probably a mixture of schedule problems and general appearance issues.

'Killing the con circuit' is surely an exaggeration. There's always going to be hardcore completists who want all of a main cast of a TV show, or those with a hundred Star Wars or Who sigs etc regardless of major or minor stature. TV show casts are evidently easier to get together over a period of time to get a cast shot finished, and that clearly interests a lot of people. Movies don't really lend themselves to that ease of getting guests to attend.

We all have our different 'glory days' - LOTR fans haven't had it nearly as good since the movies finished for example, Heroes will fade out in time etc.

The problem with this is there is a slide in the popularity in tv/fantasy/sci fi FANDOM.

Theres a differance between watching the stuff and getting out there to meet people and it appears that not that many people are mithered nowadays.

At the end of the last decade it was a different story when it came to shows,the atmosfear if any nowadays is totally different and the differance in the amount of attendees compared to then is there to see.

As a whole the con scene in the uk at least is in trouble,tv shows come and go as do the audience..theres no sticking with it.

As for the LOTR fans they are going to get a second bite soon though...

Edited by vintageSW77