in the picture

mr fagan

What I dont get is, especially with rare guests, people will actually forego meeting a hero or icon just because of a slightly grainier than usual picture. Thta just flummoxes me.

If a guest is worth meeting to you, then a quick scoot around the dealers and a £3 to £5 pop on a poster or picture to make sure you get something nice signed isnt that bad.

Luckily every guest i've met has had decent pictures. I met Danny Webb because of alien3, and got one of his doctor who pics signed (we talked about the lack of pics actually).

I feel sorry for the poster who started this thread who didnt meet him just because of a lack of pictures. I was slightly annoyed by the lack of pics but Danny's awesomness made up for it.

I would never base my meeting of a guest on the pictures provided. I go to these events for the guests themselves and the chance to meet people who have entertained me throughout my 20 years on this planet.

There are a few members of this board that go to a lot of shows i'm one of them as is david, yes david is crew and a mod,that last point being a big part in a lot of his replys. but a lot of the time he's a paying member of the public just like anyone else.

yes it's all good coming on and kicking off about the 'free' stuff but a blatant attack on a member of the boards over him answering and giving an opinion is way way way out of order.

Hells teeth all my original posting was about the lack of choice of photos. The people who say bring your own item instead wellDUH i didnt think of doing that! My point was the lack of photos in general didnt matter if was a fault on showmasters or the dealers or even myself FOR NOT BRINGING MY OWN PHOTO but maybe i didnt bring my own because i couldnt find one to bring with me in the first place. Why do people put posts on here in the first place when you cant air your your views without being ripped apart like you just pissed on someones bonfire. So basically we are told that if you dont have anything positive to say about ANYTHING then dont bother posting at all. Well thats the sermon that i have been preached too. It really comes down to something when you cant post a view on here without someone blasting it out of the water and geting all high and mighty about. (gets lonely all the way up there does it?)

(Better start a new paragraph here it may confuse some people)

I mean i just a put a post on here re the 10x8s and then other posters get all pissy with it well you dont have to like it or even put a post on here negatively) in the first place do you? NO! BUT YOU DO BEACUAE YOU ARE EXCERCISING YOUR FREEDOM.

Well i was doing the same thing but obviously some people can do that and the rest of us cant.

Makes you wonder why we even have forum boards in the first place doesnt it?

I will be going to the show on the weekend but dont worry i wont be posting anything about the show cos it will only upset people and we cant have that can we? :unsure:

Why do people put posts on here in the first place when you cant air your your views without being ripped apart like you just pissed on someones bonfire.

Tut, tut children read this forum so there is no need for that language. :YAHOO:

People are just expressing an opinion to your post

• Moderators

I know I've said it before, but yes criticisms are certainly allowed to be posted on here. However posting such things in public gives other people the opportunity to reply. Please don't see it as being 'ripped apart', it is just others presenting an opposing view - mostly fairly, although some unfortunately cross that line and get personal which isn't acceptable whoever it is.

If anyone wants to raise a point with Showmasters regarding anything, and wishes for it to be in private with no one else commenting, do feel free to email them or give them a call. The details are on any event website :YAHOO: