Team of '66

hammersgirl

This will be the first time I have attended such an event and cannot believe the complete lack of communication from the organisers.

I have booked two early bird tickets for Saturday for both my dad and myself for him to achieve his lifelong ambition to meet the team that won the world cup. He is in his 70's and will be making a round trip of 300 miles.

What happens if it is announced the team will not be there until the Sunday? Do i get a refund on the tickets? How much will the signatures be?

With less than 5 days to go - what an utter shambles. Very disappointing so far.

I have booked two early bird tickets for Saturday for both my dad and myself and will be making a round trip of 300 miles.

What happens if it is announced the team will not be there until the Sunday? Do i get a refund on the tickets? How much will the signatures be?

I think you know that was your own risk to take. TBH it's a pretty big gamble to hope that they'll appear on Saturday when no one said it would be Saturday. It's very normal that guests only appear for one day of the whole event.

Edited by nicky

As i said in my post this is my first time attending such an event, and at the time of buying of tickets going by the information on the website I had no reason to suspect they would not be there on both days. The wording on the website is at best considered ambiguous. It was only today I was alerted to the possibility that they might only be there on the Sunday - if this is the case - i feel it is very poor customer service on the part of the organisers not to announce this sooner.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's easy to see it that way if you're new to these events. Not sure if they'll give you a refund though. Maybe you could swap it for a the Sunday if you emailed them? Thats is if the team dont attend Sat.

Edited by nicky

For once my personal opinion is that SM has been a little forth coming with the information regarding guest dates etc... Mind you when you look at the calendar of events it's understandable! I appreciate that as a newbie these words are not comforting. I do have faith in SM sorting things out but I just hope they haven't taken a bit too much on this year! They are striving to be the best at what they do and I think they are on the way to achieve it I just hope the small detail that we have become accustomed to doesn't fall the side.

Grow up nicky, obviously your method of response to anyone with a differing opinion to yours is to deem them as having big sinister motives or something.

Sorry to disappoint you but i'm just a convention goer and not some part of an evil organisation who wants to thwart Showmasters. Pity you took more note of my first post than you did to my second one. Maybe you wouldn't be quite so paranoid if you had actually understood what i was saying.

Actually, if it makes your pitiful existence any more interesting for you, please go and assume that all newbies with an opinion similar to mine are affiliated with me, it won't change the fact that i know none of the members here.

I suppose dismissing me as a wrong doer makes you feel, in your own sad little way, a bit more important and valid as a member here. Get a life dude. I enjoy Showmasters conventions, it's a pity though that newbies can't voice an opinion on the forums without being judged by a retard with a totally incorrect and unfounded conspiracy theory.

I'll leave you guys to it then. It took one post from me and a few people decided to pre judge me on the basis of that ONE post. I'd rather be part of a community that actually gives newbies a chance and can handle their opinion without trying to belittle them. I made a mistake joining here as i had it down as a friendlier place. Go on nicky, throw me a response, i'm not going to come onto these forums again so i won't read it anyway, besides it's easy to run people down when you are behind a keyboard eh?

Sorry, this isn't aimed at the majority of you, just the couple of shallow minded individuals like nicky, 'the Simon Cowell of the forum' (apart from the money, the looks, the fame, the ability to accurately read people and so on, lol). Ooops! there i go pre-judging someone!

Byeee :)

Edited by Convention_whore

Typical isn't it. I have emailed SM asking for the tickets to be transferred from the Saturday to the Sunday otherwise we just won't go at all.

Not very well run IMHO.

Worst comes to worst, you won't need early bird and standard is usually only £5... Try emailing Jola too- i think her addy is info@collectormania.com ...

There, there now, Con_whore. I know you might not read this after such a long, detailed and vengeance-filled rant (throwing out every oppotunity/cliche you could at me) but I only asked if the OP was a mate of your's cos I thought it could be one of your mates you said that had changed their mind about coming from the US. I hope you do read this as I really wasnt digging at you.

Admittedly, I did get it wrong as he/she said they was travelling 300 miles and I must have mis-read it as 3000 without my reading glasse on. Plus I read a lot of posts and cant remember every detail of what everyone said.

Edited by nicky