Closing Ceremony on the Sunday

Sorry, I am probably just being blind and missing it... but does anyone know what time the closing ceremony is planned for the sunday... I need to arrange travel back to London once it is over, and need to look into bus/train times..

And they seem to have changed the timetable ona sunday now, and there is only 1 an hour... so I need to either booked for 6.01pm, 7.01pm or 8.01pm or 9.01pm

Also, for those interested, there are NO DIRECT trains back to London on the Sunday.. so quickest way back to London is to take a bus to Milton Keynes and then a train from MK into London..

Also, for those interested, there are NO DIRECT trains back to London on the Sunday.. so quickest way back to London is to take a bus to Milton Keynes and then a train from MK into London..

Ew! That is worth paying for a room on Sunday night alone! :YAHOO:

Hmm I think I did the taxi to MK business last time, as far as I remember. Didn't go too badly.

LAst time there was a free shuttle bus that went from Northampton station to MK station... and last time it ran every 20/25 minutes... si even if you just missed one, it wasnt too bad....

This time they are only once every hour, which is a bit of a pain...

David, can you remember if it was expensive to get a taxi??

Ew! That is worth paying for a room on Sunday night alone! :YAHOO:

I know... tho sadly I got to work early on Monday morning...

• Moderators

From what I can remember, it was just over £30 which doesn't end up being bad if split between 3/4 people. Might be the sensible thing to do.

That was a while ago though obviously. I googled Northampton taxi companies and phoned one up beforehand, and asked how much it'd be from Northampton to MK - they seemed to have a flat rate.