Linderman *S3 Spoilers*

Oregon-snowglobe

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but in The Times supplement last weekend......they had an interview with Malcolm McDowell and in it was this.....

'Much of his resurgent Stateside profile is owing to his appearance in the hit television series Heroes. His character, the Machiavellian Mr Linderman, was killed off in this first season but has been reinstated for the third following a deluge of complaints from fans. McDowell himself is not a fan: "I don't watch it - I don't understand a bloody word of it! I do know I'm playing a delicious part, a proper monster. Mr Linderman - he's very famous here. I get called that every time I go into a restaurant or fill up with petrol."'

It's great news that he's coming back....but am I the only one who feels a little 'peeved' by his remarks about the show and not being a fan?

YES !

The world is ful of actors who aren't fans of stuff they are in, or "don't understand it". It's not like question one at your Burger King interview is "Will you love our burgers for ever and eat them every day".

• Moderators

Yeah, to be honest a lot of actors simply don't watch their own work, as it's not really something that interests them.

Sure, it's great when you get some that are clearly as big fans as we are, and the excitement they show adds something extra to it .. but sometimes it can be interesting to just have an actor doing their job :firedevil:

I must admit I could never imagine Malcolm sitting down and enjoying it anyway lol

I bet some Lost actors are the same in terms of sitting down and not understanding it ;)

Same here Joe. He had his brain ripped out for Sylar's sake, it would be kind of ridiculous if he survived that.

I'm getting McDowell to sign my Heroes canvas at LFCC, reading what he thinks about the show has put a bit of a downer on that. Meh.