Costume Section on the forum

wyrdsister

A costume section on this forum?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. A costume section on this forum?

• Yes! All about costumes in one convenient place!
    • No thanks, quite happy the way it is.
    • err, don't know...

I think there should be a topic here dedicated to costumes, it should also be kept at the top of the page like the three other topics.

I agree - there are a number of us interested in costuming and it would be good to have a place to go to ask advice and questions and stuff. :(

You mean a costume contest when they have the convention???

That would be cool for one day! One girl was dressed up as a slytherin quidditch player.

Kyle longbottom

There is a costume competitions at the show ( I think) although I'm not sure if it happened or not @C4 ( what with all the madness) Anyone know BTW? What I'm talking about is either a separate section, in the general chat, for exemple, or a pinned topic in the C5 section, whichever is best, so that we can discuss costume ideas ans other bits and bobs without having to rumage through the forum for the costume threads. I think it makes sense? :D

There is a costume competitions at the show ( I think) although I'm not sure if it happened or not @C4 ( what with all the madness) Anyone know BTW?

It didn't happen on the Sunday, I don't know about Saturday. We didn't get much of an explaination why either, after being told all day to go to organisers stand at 4pm ish we just got a mumbled 'not happening now...'. :D (Slightly miffed at that one...but never mind!)

A thread kept near the top would be good! I've been meaning to ask you guys actually - does anyone have any ideas on how you'd make or get the effect of chainmail? (Ideas so far: buying chain and linking it all together, metalic raised paint put on to look like it, knitting silver twine, glueing plastic rings together and spray painting them).

You mean a costume contest when they have the convention???

That would be cool for one day! One girl was dressed up as a slytherin quidditch player.

Kyle longbottom

ee man 'one girl'? 'one girl'?!

thats jacs ill have u know - shes bin on the telly too :unsure:

A thread kept near the top would be good! I've been meaning to ask you guys actually - does anyone have any ideas on how you'd make or get the effect of chainmail? (Ideas so far: buying chain and linking it all together, metalic raised paint put on to look like it, knitting silver twine, glueing plastic rings together and spray painting them).

Mail is a tricky one. What they tend to used is knitted mail on things like Henry VIII on tv. That, I assume is a thick silvery woolen material that you just knit into the desired shape. Getting chains probably isn't a good idea, as the links are really hard to break, you'll probably have a nightmare timr trying to do a suit of mail like that, but I may be wrong. They're some material you can get, that comes in silver and gold. it looks a bit like fishnet but square and not elastic, if that makes sense? You might get a good effect with something like that. Just an idea

Oh wow Email me and I show you the pic!!

Oh what has she done?? In film??

(Soooooo your related to ferrat face) Laughes

Kyle longbottom

shes been on a coupla gameshows, mastermind and distraction, - shes on the ad for that actually an i saw it the other night - ull catch her sometime!

and nooooooo im not related to him, not by blood anyway - hes me fiance! haha :P

Oh wow Email me and I show you the pic!!

Oh what has she done??  In film??

(Soooooo your related to ferrat face)  Laughes

Kyle longbottom

shes been on a coupla gameshows, mastermind and distraction, - shes on the ad for that actually an i saw it the other night - ull catch her sometime!

and nooooooo im not related to him, not by blood anyway - hes me fiance! haha <_<

well email me and lets see if it was her.

Email address LeeMunLim03@aol.com

yeah I hear yeah!!! smiles

Like Cousin Neville

Kyle Longbottom