Hayden Panettiere sets up website to save the whales

Amber15

Heroes star Hayden Panettiere has set up a new charity in a bid to help fund those trying to save threatened whales off the coast of Japan. The heroic actress joined protestors in the water late last year but couldn't stop fishermen bludgeoning sealife. Panettiere was caught on camera sobbing about the loss of life she desperately tried to save, while defending herself from angry fisherfolk's harpoons. And now the actress is using her fame and fashion sense to raise cash for the campaign to save the whales. She has launched website PanettiereCloset.com, where she'll sell off items from her wardrobe. All proceeds will go to the Save the Whales Again campaign.

taken from imdb.com

I think it's great that she's doing this! ;)

:D

Edited by Amber15

People who think its OK to kill animals are pure evil people (I've seen them myself so I know).

That's a pretty rough condemnation of all us non-vegetarians!

I didn't mean non-vegetarians, I meant people who hunt. After all most humans no longer have to hunt for survival.

People who think its OK to kill animals are pure evil people (I've seen them myself so I know).

That's a pretty rough condemnation of all us non-vegetarians!

I didn't mean non-vegetarians, I meant people who hunt. After all most humans no longer have to hunt for survival.

No, but as a meat-eater, I have to accept that somebody will kill animals for me to eat; I'm not naive enough to think my meat dies of old age. And some people do have to hunt for survival. Are they evil too?

tommy t i think you are taking daniel's comments a little to litrally. my brother in law is a sheep farmer so i know how animals are killed for our plates and clothing, and there is legislation in place to make sure these animals are killed in a "humane" manner.

what daniel is referring to is the people who, out of cruelty and malace, will take a club to a baby seals head or harpoon a whale when they are protected by international law. he is also reffering to people like the owners of that farm recently that was found with dozens of horses, donkeys, etc which were left dead, dying, and abused.

and the fact that this topic is about the charity to save whales that miss panettiere has set up should have allerted you to the kind of crelty daniel and the others are talking about, and not how your stake got onto your plate

sarah