anyone goin from the leeds area

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from near Leeds. How are you getting there? Trains are expensive and too many changeovers.

I found a coach from Leeds to Milton Keynes. But the coach station is 4 miles from the train station. We're so going to get lost in MK and it's not going to be cool dragging our suitcases around a strange place.

But, so far that's the best I can find. Bus+train to Leeds Coach St >> Coach to MK >> get lost finding bus to train station >> train to Northampton.

Edited by Lenatalia

I'm from near Leeds. How are you getting there? Trains are expensive and too many changeovers.

I found a coach from Leeds to Milton Keynes. But the coach station is 4 miles from the train station. We're so going to get lost in MK and it's not going to be cool dragging our suitcases around a strange place.

But, so far that's the best I can find. Bus+train to Leeds Coach St >> Coach to MK >> get lost finding bus to train station >> train to Northampton.

there are often buses that run from the Coachway to the train station or city center, usually quite frequently or a taxi costs about £10 max to the station i think

instead of getting a train to Northampton, you could always take a bus :) there are frequent buses to northampton from the city center *thats what im doing as ive not been on a train in about 8 years, but i take the bus to Northampton regularly* though it obviously takes a bit longer XD

*is also a skint student*

there are 3 buses to Northampton that i know of, there is the number 33, which i have never been on, so i know nothing of that one XD

number 89 which i use 4 times a week, which takes AGES lol but its the cheapes i can find XD it takes an hour and 35 minutes (OMG!) but only costs 3.50 one way or 5.90 return *the return has to be used on the same day though* and picks up at every 17 minutes past the hour at milton keynes city center

or there is the X4 which i have never been on, but i know it costs 9.00 day return, its an express bus, so it goes directly to Northampton (plus a couple of stops i think) so that may be quicker

ill go ask some of the drivers on monday morning before college for some more inf o if you like XD

Edited by Emmeh

hehehe ok then :)

as i said before, the number 200 arrives frequently, Mon to Fri (every 30 mins) Sat (every 15 mins) Sun (every 30 mins) and goes to the center, and from the center you can catch almost any bus that stops at stop: K4, L4 or M4, as they are the stops busses usually stop at for the station, and there will be one at one of those stop every few minutes :)

alternatively you could take a taxi lol though if you have some time to kill before getting the train, its nice to go to the shops in the center, though i suppose you will have luggage, so maybe thats not a good idea XD

I'm going to London on the train and staying overnight on Thursday with a friend who's driving up. It's about half the price, even though it's a long way of doing it!

so is that a hint for me to just book mine and max's tickets then lol. i cant believe your trusting us to change ok in birmingham lmao

i just looked on nation express and they were ridiculous prices, looked on thetrainline and they were a bit better (£60 saver return) but i'll go into town soon and ask, will probably get an 8amish train to get there about half 12 so we can get sorted and have a wander round town and some food before you lot arrive lol