Astro Guests

prendy9160

Robert Lee (Hoot) Gibson would be a fantastic guest http://www.astronautix.com/astros/gibson.htm

Am not sure but I think he divorced his wife, another astronaut, Dr Margaret Rhea Seddon http://www.astronautix.com/astros/seddon.htm

Shame really, they would have made a great team at the same table at a future Autographica...

Perhaps another astronaut couple would be willing to attend?

Regards

von Dawson's Express

I agree ref 'Hoot' Gibson. He is now doing more of these kinds of shows.

Also, has anyone noticed that the ASF show have now announced Hank Hartsfield, Commander of the first flight of Discovery. So here is another shuttle legend showing a willingness to participate in an autograph show.

I heard the same thing, isn't the big bash in Florida with Jim Lovell and Fred Haise only a week or so after Autographica? Then again Edgar Mitchell is supposed to be appearing at that one and has been semi-confirmed (in a roundabout kind of way) for Autographica so who knows!

Yes, the rumour about Fred Haise actually came from Sy Liebergot, who had actually spoken to Freddo about this very matter. That's got to be a pretty reliable source.

Fred Haise is in UK near the time as he is to address The West Yorkshire Astronomical Society on October 10th.

Hey Folks, I asked Freddo Haise and here is his reply: "The rumor must have been started to boost attendance. I am not going and have not heard that Jim is going to this one. I do plan to support one (the first) that the ASF itself is sponsoring in November."

Sy Liebergot

ApolloEECOM: Journey of A Lifetime

www.apolloeecom.com

Hey Folks, I asked Freddo Haise and here is his reply: "The rumor must have been started to boost attendance. I am not going and have not heard that Jim is going to this one. I do plan to support one (the first) that the ASF itself is sponsoring in November."

Sy Liebergot

www.apolloeecom.com

There can surely be no more reliable information / source than that. That rumour is now effectively dead!

I heard the same thing, isn't the big bash in Florida with Jim Lovell and Fred Haise only a week or so after Autographica? Then again Edgar Mitchell is supposed to be appearing at that one and has been semi-confirmed (in a roundabout kind of way) for Autographica so who knows!

Yes, the rumour about Fred Haise actually came from Sy Liebergot, who had actually spoken to Freddo about this very matter. That's got to be a pretty reliable source.

Fred Haise is in UK near the time as he is to address The West Yorkshire Astronomical Society on October 10th.

Sy Liebergot

www.apolloeecom.com

Well done Sy ,

Rumours can be damageing now people know that Freddo is not coming perhaps we can give Dave/Jason the wish list and let them do what they are good at and get some Astros to attend,just finised your book a good read . Paul