Showmasters Conspiracy

Mike The Monkey

I’ve been a keen reader of this forum for some time, I enjoy the events immensely – but I have to say this recent post by the organisers shocked and disappointed me.

We are decent people, many of you know us and should know by now that we will resolve this situation in a fair way for everyone. But I do think that one or two people in this thread have used this sitation to try to damage us in some way, which in the long run only damages the opportunities we try to bring you. This is sad, as we try to run the best events we can. We know we can't please everyone all of the time but we do go out of our way to try to give you a great day, so we hope you understand were we are coming from.

If the organisers stopped for one second, to realise that the main problem is that they keep making promises, and failing to deliver? – All the time whilst taking a lot of people’s money in the process.

I’m sick and tired of hearing ‘we’ll get it right next time’.

• The poor photo shoots.
  • The wait for goodie bags.
  • The Hero’s disaster.
  • The Patrick Stewart disappearance.
  • The lack of horror guests for the ‘horror themed event’

Instead of posting notes of self pity, maybe it’s a time to stop inventing new events, and start focusing on the quality of the old ones.

I applaud you for some of your work, but to think that its some ‘conspiracy’ is completely crazy. We are just paying customers expecting a little bit more value for money [just like in the good old days].

I would like to see them hire a better photographer, to be honest. Many of the photos were badly framed and had too much shadow even for the lighting that they had... my photographer friends wouldn't believe that it was a pro photographer.

I believe that they gave completely understandable explanations for both Heroes and Patrick Stewart. And I'm happy with the amount of horror guests, though I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at more. I'd rather have some of the amazing guests we have now than some horror guests I may not want.

As Psychosis said, a thread with explanations for Patrick Stewart and the Heroes problem has been posted by Showmasters already.

There's a detailed discussion thread about the goodie bags as well, again with a statement from Showmasters.

Plus you have already started another topic yourself about the "lack of Horror guests" Mike, so I'll close this one here.