New to these cons need some help?

Tina

Just discovered I can go this weekend and wanted to know if it's possible to buy early bird tickets for both days on the door Saturday morning? Thank you. Also any advice that may be useful for a first timer would be great. So looking forward to this weekend.

Hi Tina.Unfortunately,you cant by tickets for both days on the saturday.If you want tickets for sunday aswell you have to buy them on the day.It's my first time going to a convention aswell : ).Who are you going to see ? Im going to see John Altman and Billy West.I cant wait.Im going to queue for early bird ticket aswell

Where are you from ? Im from Wigan

Edited by Beth

Hi Tina.Unfortunately,you cant by tickets for both days on the saturday.If you want tickets for sunday aswell you have to buy them on the day.It's my first time going to a convention aswell : ).Who are you going to see ? Im going to see John Altman and Billy West.I cant wait.Im going to queue for early bird ticket aswell

Where are you from ? Im from Wigan

Thanks for info. I'm coming from Ipswich and the main person I want to see is Gareth David Lloyd. How early do you think is best to start queing for the early bird tickets?

Edited by Tina

Hi Tina, i've been going to cons since 2004 & this will be around my 15th con all together, so you could say i'm a bit of a regular. Now, here are some tips for you:

Get there early, you never know how busy it could be.

Make a note a few days before hand, which guests you want, this will avoid any confusion on the day.

Always go to meet the guests first, many people miss out because they spend to much time looking at dealer's stalls first, always remember, dealers will most likley be at future shows, guests may not.

Make a note a few days before hand, how much money you'll roughly need, there's nothing worse that running out of money, halfway through the show.

Make sure for the journey to & from Earl's Court, you leave in plenty of time, there's nothing worse than missing your train, coach, plane, etc.

If your taking food, always prepare it the night before hand, you probably won't have time on the morning.

If you're taking a camera, make sure all batteries are fully charged the night before hand, there's nothing worse that meeting a guest, then finding out your batteries are flat.

I always put everything i'm taking in front of the front door, so I don't forget any of it, also, I can check i've got everything.

There you go, hope these tips help, remember, if you plan ahead, & use comman sense, everything should run smoothly.

& one last thing, have a really great day out, good luck,

Kiwi 7.

Thanks for info. I'm coming from Ipswich and the main person I want to see is Gareth David Lloyd. How early do you think is best to start queing for the early bird tickets?

Hope you managed to meet him! He didn't seem too busy judging by the queue size.