Patrick Stewart and dedications ....

dufresne

That won't be known until the day, and there'll be notices up saying what's not allowed.

That's what I thought.

I'm under no illusions though on what it'll be like. I've been to enough of these types of events now to know how they work.

I know he's going to be very busy, probably not chatting much/at all with visitors/not posing for photos etc. And knowing all of that and the cost of each autograph is £25 I'm still happy to gueue up to meet him, even if only for a few seconds...after all the guy is a legend and I may not get the chance again!

I've got an early-bird ticket and I'm staying at a hotel a couple of minutes from Earls Court, so plan to get there as early as possible to try to get an early VT number. At least that way I should get to meet him and an autograph (or 2). A photo of him would be a real bonus, so I'll just have to wait and see on the day.

Cheers.

Edited by Enigma

Just an idea.. (don't throw tomatoes at me if i say something stupid)

Then if the question is about time.. why not buying an already dedicated photo on a booth (all conventions have that kind of booths, selling autographs) and just ask for the personnalisation?

Therefore you replace the time of the actual signing by the time of the personnalisation...

Or is it forbidden to bring already signed pics??

Is that a good idea, or do i deserve to be hung and quartered?

Edited by Cookie

I know that I'd pay twice the price to get the personnalisation.

I was sooo gutted by the way Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) signed my autograph that i don't want to do that again. She didn't lifted her eyes a second and practically threw the pic back at me without a single word. (And she has no excuse of being tired, we were the 3 firsts in her queue) and without any personnalisation, of course...

When i saw on a booth the exact same pic with a signature for 10 euros i was clearly enraged.. would have bought this instead, would have saved me 15 euros!.. And it was not the contact that made up for it!

So here, i'm even ready to buy a signature, having the pic signed by Patrick first, then go back to the end of the queue and do it all the way again for a personnalisation -(i'm a gold program owner, BTW) paying again if necessary....

After Michael and Bill canceled, i feel i'll have plenty of free time:)

Just an idea.. (don't throw tomatoes at me if i say something stupid)

Then if the question is about time.. why not buying an already dedicated photo on a booth (all conventions have that kind of booths, selling autographs) and just ask for the personnalisation?

Therefore you replace the time of the actual signing by the time of the personnalisation...

Or is it forbidden to bring already signed pics??

Is that a good idea, or do i deserve to be hung and quartered?

That to me sounds a bit silly as the experience for me is to witness the said person sign my photo other wise what would be the point in going to in the first place and before you say but you get to meet the person exactly ! What would be the point in getting a pre-signed one when he/she is sitting right in front of you you might just as well get the photo signed at the same time !!!!! Think about it how long does it take you to sign your name seconds thats all and let face it thats the real reason why they are there to sign !

I was just thinking of that that to counter the "there is no time for personalizations" excuse... replace the time of the signing by the time of the personalization.

But i think I'll do what i said later. Go first to have it signed, then queue again just for the personalization if i can't get it on the first go.

I WANT it to be personalized. Period. Even if it means paying twice.

I know that I'd pay twice the price to get the personnalisation.

I was sooo gutted by the way Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) signed my autograph that i don't want to do that again. She didn't lifted her eyes a second and practically threw the pic back at me without a single word. (And she has no excuse of being tired, we were the 3 firsts in her queue) and without any personnalisation, of course...

When i saw on a booth the exact same pic with a signature for 10 euros i was clearly enraged.. would have bought this instead, would have saved me 15 euros!.. And it was not the contact that made up for it!

So here, i'm even ready to buy a signature, having the pic signed by Patrick first, then go back to the end of the queue and do it all the way again for a personnalisation -(i'm a gold program owner, BTW) paying again if necessary....

After Michael and Bill canceled, i feel i'll have plenty of free time:)

Interesting - Kate Mulgrew took the time to talk to me, was very pleasant, and happily personalized my photo. As I've said many times, I think the nature of the 'thing' you give to them to sign makes a difference...

Edited by MikeDonovan

Interesting - Kate Mulgrew took the time to talk to me, was very pleasant, and happily personalized my photo. As I've said many times, I think the nature of the 'thing' you give to them to sign makes a difference...

The "thing" i got signed was the photo they supplied and nothing else... Nothing fancy...

But she was a real icecube.. I even turned to my friend and told them "I though they "de-borgized" Janeway..obviously, I was wrong"...