whats the deal with rvd and shawn micheals

monkeyking

:headscratch::D;) ok can sombody tell me whats happened to rvd and shawn micheals. i keep hearing stories the the two aren't coming back, they are out with injury for a long time, they have been released, they maybe moving to tna etc

but does some body know whats happened to the two i know they both suffered concussions at the hands of randy orton but when they left the wwe screen on a count of the injuryloads of these rumours and stories started popping up

can sombody tell me what properly happened to them so my mind can be put to rest with this story

• Moderators

HBK's having time off, and he'll be back eventually - though HHH's return is the immediate focus.

RVD's a free agent now, and can pretty much do what he wants, but right now he's just resting up. He may well go to TNA once they get a two hour show.

The Orton stuff was a good way of getting them both off TV while putting someone else over.

You will find that Shawn Michaels has regular "injuries" to let his back heal. The back injury date sback to the Rumble Casket Match some years ago where he landed right on the edge of a wooden casket.

RVD has stated that he has made no decision on IF he will return. But, and this is down to friends of his commenting online, RVD does not like Kurt Angle and the directional control he has in TNA. Expect RVD to return to the WWE in time for the next WrestleMania as it is rumoured he will win a Money In The Bank match to set up a World Title run against Edge.

Monkey King...if you see an injury on TV then take it as 99% work. The injury will more than likely be a nagging long term one like Bobby Lashley's which occurred around Judgement Day PPV time. He toughed it out - that is why he didn't drop Cena for the title - and run the Kennedy injury angle a few weeks back on RAW.

• Moderators

Most wrestling fans who go online read newsletters and websites etc that have the kinda news Arkham is obviously knowledgeable about - none of it is very secretive or anything. You don't really need to be a massive wrestling fan, you just need to read about.

Stuff like Shawn and Rey's injuries, and the RVD situation have been common knowledge for months and months.

I haven’t watched wwe for awhile but if any of u met rvd when he was up here this summer u may have noticed that he was asking pretty much everyone he met what other wrestling company’s they liked and other questions relating to non wwe wrestling. I thought then that it looked like he was looking to move.

I knew he did a con recently and i would have loved to have gone to meet him but i was in Doncaster for 1PW which leads me nicely into... I would like RVD to sign with them! One can dream....

Id actually really like to see RVD do some work with Ring Of Honor, matches could happen their that id love to see, Austin Aries, El Generico, Roderick Strong, Bryan Danielson, either of the Briscoes, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, all mouth watering prospects.

It usually comes down to money tho i guess so you'd have to assume WWE is the most likely but then you dont know how secure RVD is, maybe he's well off enough that he can take less money and his comic book store is doing him proud aswell.... he seems happy away from the ring right now tho so we'll all be playing the waiting game

you seem to know alot about wrestling

just wondering are you a big fan of wrestling :thumbup:

keep an eye out for Power Slam magazine. It's a wrestling mag that gives you a lot more details on the stories behind the 'news'.

im quite partial to 411mania.com/wrestling they writers crack me up

Finding out the information is mainly down to the internet, especially interviews with the individuals rather than reports by so caled experts. I am fortunate enough to have met numerous wrestling employees and have kept in touch with a few through mutual love of comics. After all, these guys and girls do have other sides to their lives outside of wrestling and most find it a nice change to connect with people - whether they are fans or not - on other levels. RVD's love of comics is well known.

As regards knowing stuff, if you follow anything for a long period of time, no matter what it is, you work out what is real and what is a cover story etc. I have been out of the loop with wrestling for the past few years due to personal reasons, so I was completely unaware of HBK's kne injury. At least it isn't his back taking more damage.

And yes, I am a fan of wrestling as regards to the more technical and high flying stars, and the entertainment value due to taking numerous educational courses in tv/film productiona nd editing.

Arkham