Ask me anything!

Orihime

• 2 weeks later...

I carry a whip as part of my costume, and I'm not sure how long it is.

Do I have to keep it coiled up whilst going about the convention floor?

Can I use it whilst I'm on-stage?

If it makes any difference, I'm only attending Collectormania G-Mex, not any of the others.

Yes, and yes. From now on all kinds of props or fake weapons at Showmasters events must be taken to the cosplay desk to be checked before you can carry it around, even really obviously fake ones like a lightsaber lol

About the guns what kind of toy gun are you talking about? Obviously children's toys are allowed but I don't think we can allow BB guns or realistic replica ones to be carried around at Milton Keynes because it's in a shopping centre.

I carry a whip as part of my costume, and I'm not sure how long it is.

Do I have to keep it coiled up whilst going about the convention floor?

Can I use it whilst I'm on-stage?

The size limit (length or height) for floor cosplays at Manchester will be 5ft, so if it's over 5ft then you'd have to keep it coiled up. Yes, you can definitely use it on stage.

The weapons guidelines for Glasgow and London have been posted up on the forum:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=33867

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=33865

Just waiting for the webmistress to post them on the main sites. Hope that helps :)

• 4 weeks later...

Umm hey I have a question *raises hand*.

I love cosplaying (although I'm a newb ^^; ) and I was thinking about joining in a competition at CM g-mex (if there is one that is,I don't mind if there isn't but I'm just wondering... :D )but what are the categories?

Is there a video game category aswell...?

I apologize if it sounds like I'm asking daft questions, but I'm a bit curious...oh and I'm not asking if there's a competition because I want to win (I'm not like that at all...) I'm just wondering because it'll be a fun experience :YAHOO:

Answering question from another thread)

Thanks for your question. Actually I see no shame at all in wanting to win LOL

Yes, there will definitely be a competition at Gmex, details will be posted up here and on the website closer to the time.

Hmm I wish there was a video games category, but it depends on how many prizes the sponsors provide and what costumes we get. At the previous 2 events there weren't many video game cosplayers so we'll probably just include video games costumes with the anime and manga category for now and see how it goes.

Best of luck with your costume and feel free to ask if you have any more questions :)

Answering question from another thread)

Thanks for your question. Actually I see no shame at all in wanting to win LOL

Yes, there will definitely be a competition at Gmex, details will be posted up here and on the website closer to the time.

Hmm I wish there was a video games category, but it depends on how many prizes the sponsors provide and what costumes we get. At the previous 2 events there weren't many video game cosplayers so we'll probably just include video games costumes with the anime and manga category for now and see how it goes.

Best of luck with your costume and feel free to ask if you have any more questions :)

Thanks for answering my question :dance:

Hehe I was just worried that I wasn't able to enter because there wasn't a category for my costume; thanks for clearing it up *bows and hugs*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be there on the saturday in costume for around an hour as Batman (Batman Begins Version)

I'll only be in the suit for an hour as its made of latex and is very very hot.

Never done it before so im a bit nervous to say the least, but excited too,

I've just got a few questions-

Do i change in the toilets? (i cant arrive as batman, i have to get the bus)

if i nip out to say hello to people queing how do i get back in?

And is it ok to turn up and get changed there (my gf will me minding my change of clothes)

Just a question hun, my boyfriend is going as jack sparrow to gmex and as its a closed event as in you have to pay nd its not in a shopping centre as long as its tied in to its sheath and is blunt would a replica sword under the length of 1.5 metres be allowed for the cosplay, i can guarentee it will be tied in as i'll be doing the tieing (i'm an ex sailor and know lots of pretty knots to keep it in securely) as well as a replica flintlock, it is metal and wood but i've checked the barrel and its 7 inch long but the boring only goes down about 3.5 inches, no wya in hell (pardon my language) can it be fired, but i am a qualified and trained weapons handler (my miliatary days) so i can keep it safe. prettty pleaaasse say yes, it'll tie the looses ends of the whole costume together.

gemma :D:D

Sorry for my slow reponse guys, been out of the country..in response to your questions:

DitzyDalek: sorry this thread is meant to be for questions regarding the cosplay facilities at the shows, but if you repost your question as a separate thread in the forum, I'm sure the other forum members will be happy to advise you :)

The-Dark-Knight: don't worry, there will be changing rooms provided so you can get changed in the show. If you need to leave the show, there's usually some kind of hand-stamp. I realise it may not be possible to get your hand stamped dressed as Batman but if you speak with the staff on the door I'm sure they'll be co-operative.

liremaer: it sounds fine, just make sure you take it to the cosplay desk upon arrival to be inspected, and please keep it out of sight outside the hall. We can't be responsible if you get arrested LOL

thanks hunny they'll be under a cloak outside of the event or in a bag, at the least wrapped up. phew i can let him know now. lol cheers hun, must go my sculpey anne boleyn pendant is done baking the timer just went ping.