Anyone from Manchester area getting this train?

bayley88

September 1st, it's the Manchester Pic train calling in at all these places and arrives at London Euston at 8:09am.

05:10 Manchester Piccadilly (MAN)

05:19 Stockport (Pick Up Only)

05:27 Wilmslow

05:48 Crewe

06:14 Stafford

06:28 Lichfield Trent Valley

06:35 Tamworth

06:46 Nuneaton

07:01 Rugby

07:50 Watford Junction (Set Down Only)

Arrive: 08:09 London Euston (EUS)

I'm about 70% sure this is the train we will get, but I'm coming from Wilmslow with my friends, and we could do with someone who has been to the LFCC before and could help us with gettin to the convention.

I hope someone can help :S

x

September 1st, it's the Manchester Pic train calling in at all these places and arrives at London Euston at 8:09am.

I'm about 70% sure this is the train we will get, but I'm coming from Wilmslow with my friends, and we could do with someone who has been to the LFCC before and could help us with gettin to the convention.

x

If that's the train you're getting you have 2 choices:

1 - Get off at Watford, and wait for the 08:11 train, run by Southern trains, which will get you to West Brompton mailine station; or

2 - Stay on the train to Euston and then either walk* from Euston to King's Cross, or catch the Victoria line (light blue) 1 stop "north"bound to KX. There change to the Picadilly line (dark blue) westbound (if not marked as westbound it'll be marked as southbound, but I'm pretty sure it will say w/b) and that will deposit you at Earl's Court. This way may get you there 5 or 10 minutes earlier, but it does throw in the complication of the Underground. (From a quick glance at thetrainline.com I don't think there will be any great price difference.

Directions from both West Brompton and Earls Court stations are in the FAQ I believe, but it's difficult to miss; any doubts, ask the station staff at WB or EC.

* Euston and King's Cross St Pancras are about 600m apart along the main road; put "Euston Station, Camden, London NW1, United Kingdom" into maps.google.co.uk and you'll see both Euston and Kings X on the resulting map.

x

If that's the train you're getting you have 2 choices:

1 - Get off at Watford, and wait for the 08:11 train, run by Southern trains, which will get you to West Brompton mailine station; or

2 - Stay on the train to Euston and then either walk* from Euston to King's Cross, or catch the Victoria line (light blue) 1 stop "north"bound to KX. There change to the Picadilly line (dark blue) westbound (if not marked as westbound it'll be marked as southbound, but I'm pretty sure it will say w/b) and that will deposit you at Earl's Court. This way may get you there 5 or 10 minutes earlier, but it does throw in the complication of the Underground. (From a quick glance at thetrainline.com I don't think there will be any great price difference.

Directions from both West Brompton and Earls Court stations are in the FAQ I believe, but it's difficult to miss; any doubts, ask the station staff at WB or EC.

* Euston and King's Cross St Pancras are about 600m apart along the main road; put "Euston Station, Camden, London NW1, United Kingdom" into maps.google.co.uk and you'll see both Euston and Kings X on the resulting map.

Flippin' eck, it's so confusing! How far is West Brompton from Earls Court?

Flippin' eck, it's so confusing! How far is West Brompton from Earls Court?

A few hundred metres. Put

Exhibition Centre, Warwick Rd, Kensington, London SW5

into maps.google.co.uk

and you'll see both EC and WB stations, and EC exhibition centre is between them.

In fact, click on the "hybrid" button at the top right of the resulting map, and it overlays an aerial photograph on the map.

You can then clearly see that the Exhibition Centre is by far the biggest building around (and it's pretty well signed from both stations) - you would need to be an Olympic standard plonker to miss it! Then just wander round the outside of the building until you find the large queue of other like-minded folk :poki:

i think we might be going down on the Fri now, think we might be staying over in a hotel. but if not then this is the train we will get. both me and my friend have cars but parking is apparently expensive - so i wont be doing that.