Sabu Released

s.p.d.

• Moderators

ECW's just fine, minus the Lashley stuff. Punk, Burke etc are worth watching.

Neither Sabu nor RVD make the new ECW .. they were originals, and that's not the focus of the new brand anymore.

If Sabu keeps f*cking up then it's no surprise he's been released.

Punk and the 4 new breed guys could squeeze on to one of the other 2 brands, there isnt really much else in ECW though! Then again I feel the whole company is in a bit of a rut and all the ppv's seem to be thrown together at break neck speed! It hasnt felt smooth for a while now. Vince should get back behind the scenes and run it - I dont know whether it is the lack of him on screen or because he does more work when he is not on screen, but somehow it is better without him!!

A fair comment about Sabu screwing up, but realsitically, lose him Sandman, RVD and dreamer and why keep calling it ECW?

Hmmm, it seems to me that i am the only one that thinks WWE programming has improved ten fold in the last few months, the matches are getting more time, for most parts the story telling has improved, sure there is still some suckage (vince taking up loads of time for example) but overall id say the product has really improved. especially in light of all the changes having to be made due to injuries.

sadly, while WWE has gone up TNA has really lost all momemtum and it seems to be getting worse, i can only hope that if and when they get a second hour of impact they can improve things again.

Sabu will be back in TNA in the next few months you can tell. Also theres nothing wrong with TNA. Impact has been bad in the past month or so but it makes up for in in the PPV's, did you see the Texas Death match last Sunday. It had more Blood in it than ECW ever did since in came back!

I dont see Sabu being back in TNA anytime soon, he pissed a lot of people of by leaving for WWE and they dont really need him there with a roster as big as they have with not much TV time. Unless they can sign him and RVD as a tag team i dont see Sabu goin to TNA

Its not so much the matches i have an issue with in TNA at the moment, the level of talent is so high for most part that a good match is inevitable, its the way the matches are being booked. Far too many matches have stipulations that it almost takes away from the quality of the talent, the x-division is almost an after thought now when at one point it was a bigger deal than the Heavyweight Title scene.

Add to that, they seem to allow backstage politics to take over the booking for the good of the company. Samoa Joe is case in point, he said some stuff on a Ring Of Honor show and ending up being held back in TNA, hell he should have been champ ages ago. And now Austin Aries who is arguably one of the best wrestlers in the world today is being kept off TV coz he can be opinionated backstage.... Stupid decisions in my opinion, ones that are hurting the overall product TNA are producing.

I dont dislike it, far from it, i just think its as good as it once was.

• 4 weeks later...

I SWEAR TO GOD THATS LIKE TAKING THE HEART AND SOUL OUT OF ECW. THESE ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT MAKE ECW WHAT IT IS.

IF YOU ASK ME THE WWE IS TARING ECW APART FOR EXAMPLE

.THERE ARE LESS ORIGINALS

.MOST OF THEM ARE ON TNA

.PEOPLE ONLY SIGN FOR CONTRACTS THAT LAST 6 MONTHS OR 1 YEAR(WHICH IS WHY OVER 20 SUPERSTARS WERE RELEASED IN ONE DAY)

.OTHER SHOWS DRAFT STARS FROM ECW.(BOBBY LASHLEY, THE MAJOUR BROTHERS, SNITSKY) AND IF THAT ISN'T BAD ENOUGH THEY DRAFT THE SANDMAN TO RAW.................WHAT THE HELL IS RAW GOING TO DO WITH THE SANDMAN...........THE SANDMAN ONLY WORKS WITH ECW.

IF THESE STARS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE WHO'S NEXT TOMMY DREAMER.

THEY ARE DESTOYING A GREAT WRESTLING CREATION

:unsure::D:jason::poki:

• Moderators

And there you go missing the entire point of bringing back ECW.

It's a third brand alongside Raw and Smackdown, and is ECW in name alone - as it has been from the moment it came back.

ECW One Night Stand 2005 was for nostalgia purposes, and ECW fans got what they wanted. After that, anything related to ECW was seen by Vince as a money maker. Why not launch a third brand with a recognisable name? It made sense. Sure, even give it a very small dose of original ECW by having the commentator and a few 'originals', but it was never an ECW original product by a long shot.

People didn't watch for RVD, or for Sabu, or for Sandman in particular. Those guys do not equal ratings.

If TNA wants to use guys that are past it, and still living on former glories then fair enough, but I'm happier watching CM Punk and Elijah Burke etc than 'Team 3D' doing the same crap over and over.

Snitsky wasn't being used. The Major Brothers didn't even have a chance to make an impact, and Lashley spent more time on Raw anyway so the New Breed/Punk stuff has been the main focus and NONE of them were drafted. And ECW got Chris Benoit!

It's a place to give new guys a chance alongside some veterans, and I see no problem with that at all. WWECW was never ever going to be ECW, and they're not destroying anything.

It is common knowledge in the wrestling fraternity that Sabu the man has issues with commitment to an employer. I feel the new direction of ECW is a positive one and back to the ethos of preparing talent for the WWE or Japan. Garbage wrestling has had its time and is gradually being phased out. At least with the new direction of ECW, talent such as Burge, Cor Van, Punk et al will not be burried jobbing to headliners on Raw or Smackdown.