Message to Showmasters

I read in a message somewhere about your PA system not being too loud. Well thats great because I thought I might be the only one that thought this.

Im not sure whose PA system you are using (by the sounds of it the Centre:MK's) but it seems it wasnt designed to be heard over the voices of thousands of people. There was not one message I heard properly over your PA system. In the end any guests I had virtual queue tickets for, I just kept going up to the chap and asking them.

So, I have come up with a couple of suggestions that might help:

1) A better PA system. Have speakers at each corner of the floor (basically imagine that Collectormania is square). Alternatively, speakers where the guests are sitting. People that are currently in queues will be able to hear the announcements easier.

2) Electronic message board (a scrolly one pos?). I know you had your white board at the other end of the show, but that seemed a little bit pointless. It seemed all the guests that had virtual queues were at the other end of the hall. If you have just got out of a queue at that end, it would have been quicker to ask the chap their with the tickets. My suggestion here would be to have all the guests that are thought of needing a vitual queue down the same end and have a big electronic board showing the current ticket numbers of guests. This might even free up space around the queueing area because nobody will need to ask ticket numbers.

I hope that you read this message Showmasters and maybe even make the improvments.

Darryl

• Showmasters Admin

We've been having ongoing problems with the virtual queuing announcements since C2 last September, and during C3 it became obvious that there are still quite a few improvements to be made. We'll keep working on it and hopefully will have it sorted by C4.

If anyone has any suggestions we'd love to hear them.

We've been having ongoing problems with the virtual queuing announcements since C2 last September, and during C3 it became obvious that there are still quite a few improvements to be made. We'll keep working on it and hopefully will have it sorted by C4.

If anyone has any suggestions we'd love to hear them.

Are my suggstions not good enough for you then?

Darryl

I agree with the louder speakers, i did not hear them once. If you are going low budget then a board at the end of each popular star with the numbers written down, but I like the idea of an electronic one. The staff were really getting fed up with people asking "What number?" What else??????? A good tip would be to hand out the tickets on the virtual line thing when the line starts, then that crowd can go and come back in an hour or what ever so you don't get a build up.

The staff were really getting fed up with people asking "What number?" What else??????? A good tip would be to hand out the tickets on the virtual line thing when the line starts, then that crowd can go and come back in an hour or what ever so you don't get a build up.

Sorry but don't mean to sound funny or anything, or maybe I'm just being a complete blonde and not understanding what your saying....but ummm isn't that what they did anyway!!! I mean I went straight to Tom's queue and asked for a ticket and the guy told me to come back in an hour (this was what they call the virtual queing system - when they hand out a ticket cos sooo many people want to see that guest, so they don't get a build up), and I went back in an hour like he told me to and I could go and meet him straight away cos they were at number 75 and I was number 73!!! So it worked really well I thought!!!!

:D

Showmasters, I have had a cheaper idea. Have wooden stands by the queue which have the numbers on. The sort of thing I am thinking of is like you see on picket lines (you know, a long piece of wood with a big piece of card on it.

Its cheap, effective and everyone can see what the numbers are for that guest.

Am I helpfull or what!

Darryl

I posted a thread about this ages ago...well a couple of days after C3 anyway.

I thought that maybe each guest could have a large A framed wipe board near the end of each queue with the current numbers written on them large and in bold so that they can be seen from a distance. You'd just have to make sure that they were kept correct up to the minute.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Sorry showmasters what was that you jst said, i can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You definately need a better PA system, I spent more tme going round all celebs to see what number they were on, whilst wasting valuable shopping time. How about have a couple of people walking round talking through a megaphone, just a thought. but they coould say what numbers each person is up to. per haps in batches of say fifty.

ewww a microphone in your ear shouting in your ear!!??

I think that boards (whether elcetronic or not) next to each individual celebrity is the best idea. I have ot admit, I didn't even know they were calling numbers out over a tannoy....I was there for three days and I never heard it once!! lol

Ill tell you what, ill sit with Andy Serkis and make sure the board is updated.....*grins naughtily* :D

ooh, they can have like..washing lines over them, so everyone can just look up n see :D

they had p.a's?

um...i didnt know that- i definatly didnt hear em. i did hear some things though. it was just

"there is a collectormania event today in middleton hall" etc.

every 15 minutes. lol, that got annoying, i was like nooo, if more people come ill get :headscratch: (even though it wasnt too crowded round the dealers bit)

ooh i did hear one. i remember now

we were stood by j-r-d line talking to the cm man. and we kept asking him if we could go in yet-aww the poor dear, i bet her got really annoyed. lol, he looked happy for us when he called our number though. we jumped in the queue and he was like :P while he was saying it.

but yea, it was quiet :D

ewww a microphone in your ear shouting in your ear!!??

I think that boards (whether elcetronic or not) next to each individual celebrity is the best idea. I have ot admit, I didn't even know they were calling numbers out over a tannoy....I was there for three days and I never heard it once!! lol

Ill tell you what, ill sit with Andy Serkis and make sure the board is updated.....*grins naughtily* :blink:

Sorry that space is booked lol :o