An Open Invitation To Showmasters

krisg

I've had enough of debating with kids and throwing insults about - although fun at first it gets a little tiresome and I'm busy - forums get so addictive.

No matter what ANYONE says there were problems with CM4 - every knows that - especially Showmasters so here is my idea - why not get a live forum of complainers from here and meet up with them face-to-face.

No point in involving the people who had such a "wonderful" time as they have no cross to bear.

However I personally don't feel like I'm getting anywhere and would like to be heard - I have some useful points to make - and would like to help making your next event better - you can of course choose to ignore what I have to say!

I am prepared to give up some of my time to meet with Showmasters people in person and would suggest that other complainers do the same - let's put our money where our mouths are and stop hiding behind a computer screen.

No animosity, no attitude, no moaning...as a customer who appreciates what you are trying to do - I would like to help.

My email address is krisg.lansdowne@virgin.net - please contact me and we can either chat on the phone or arrange to meet.

Kris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yer you are right, organising any event no-matter how small is a nightmare , i know i have dont it myself, but instead or complaining, how about suggesting, cos it cant be changed now it has gone, but will suggestions you can make the next better

Lucy

Well at last someone who has seen sense, thank goodness for that, I have to admit, I challange anyone to have a go at organising something on this scale and do a bloody awesome job of it. I know I for one would rather run away screaming than do it!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly do appreciate that organising events are an absolute nightmare and they only way to better events is to get constructive feedback from customers - I think some of things I have to say would make the next event much better...then again SM may think that what I have to say is load of rubbish - it's totally up to them - just give us a real voice SM.

Kris

Count me in. This was my first Collectormania and, according to She who has the Whip Hand, the last. And boy, I never argue when there's a whip involved :jason: ! That said, I'd like to have the grounds on which to persuade her otherwise.

I too would happily offer my experiences and suggestions to any discussion however held. I'll drive there if need be, I'm that keen to help.

tandorshadewalker206@hotmail.com for those interested. Doubtless Showmasters have access to my other email address to which they may also write if they wish.

Lore

Edited by Loremaster

No point in involving the people who had such a "wonderful" time as they have no cross to bear.

Not necessarily the case. You really need to know what worked just as much as what didn't when doing an analysis of this kind.

I had a very enjoyable time although I wasn't there on Sunday or Monday. Yet I did see things which I feel could be improved upon and issues which I think could do with addressing for the future - especially from having followed all the comments over the last few days.

I don't think there was anything drastically wrong with the systems in place, just that they maybe couldn't cope with the pressure they were put under on Sunday, but there are some simple ideas which would seriously help future events run even better.

Not necessarily the case. You really need to know what worked just as much as what didn't when doing an analysis of this kind.

I had a very enjoyable time although I wasn't there on Sunday or Monday. Yet I did see things which I feel could be improved upon and issues which I think could do with addressing for the future - especially from having followed all the comments over the last few days.

I don't think there was anything drastically wrong with the systems in place, just that they maybe couldn't cope with the pressure they were put under on Sunday, but there are some simple ideas which would seriously help future events run even better.

sure why not - invite 10 people to a forum - not wanting to be controversial and not wanting to offend anyone though but let's keep the age over 18 please.

I thinking making it for just people under 18 is a bit much. I noticed the majority of people at collectormania were under 18. Im sure they aren't all silly little kiddies.

They are the future of collecting (without sounding too cheesy)

Let them have a say as well if they didn't enjoy it. Get everybodys perspective.

Katie

I thinking making it for just people under 18 is a bit much. I noticed the majority of people at collectormania were under 18. Im sure they aren't all silly little kiddies.

They are the future of collecting (without sounding too cheesy)

Let them have a say as well if they didn't enjoy it. Get everybodys perspective.

Katie

I'm sorry but you aren't going to like this...an under 18 isn't going to bring the business or life experience to this type of forum. I think plenty of adolescent thoughts have already been posted on here.

God I sound like an old man - but i really think this needs to be an adult forum.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

If it happens, it should be a mix of ages. I'm sure the younger people would have a different perspective than the older although maybe not the organisational experience to make good workable suggestions. However before all those people doing "district planning" a-levels or whatever jump on me, let me say that all points of view are valid and should be considered.

Maybe if anyone had time, it'd be better to collate a list of observations and suggested solutions into one document to present for consideration.

This of course assumes Showmasters want the input. They may well feel they understand the issues and are already looking at what happened and thinking about the next show.

Im sorry but not all under 18 year olds are silly giggly girls

but it's so difficult to separate the 2 with vetting first...if SM think that this is a good idea - it's over to them - i can't get into an ageist debate - i'm too old.

i have to go now and get on with some work.

so addictive.

kris

Maybe not but Im 18 and I started my own business well over a year ago, selling film and television memorabilia. Which has gone extremely well.

I realise not everybody does have the knowledge that goes with being a bit older. I also know a 13 year old girl who has been helping her parents with their memorabilia business for about 4 years now. She knows more than alot of people and even balances their accounts for them.

So im going to have to agree to disagree with you there.#

I still think its a good idea though.

Katie

Krisq, I just like to say that I am 30yrs old, not a kid!

I have read all your comments and yes you have a right to air your views, what really upset me having read everyone's comments was that you started to have a go at people who had differant views than you did!

I agree with you that putting your views to the organiser's would be your best bet, at least you are willing to do that and I respect you for that.

I hope you do get your chance to put your points across, again I enjoyed the event, oh and yes I had a very long journey to get there b4 anyone says that I live in mk I don't!

:wub::PB)

It will be really hard to separate under 18s up.....however lets look at it from this point of view.

How many of the "fangirls" are actually going to CARE enough about such things.......or be able to give constructive views about them? no many i think. so they probably wouldnt join in anyways. and if they do, you can just kick them out.

I know you aint meaning to offend anyone by suggesting under 18s (or maybe you are but ....), however it wont work if you dont have both ends of the ....... age...scale?

and it really IS addictive isnt it?

again i have to say I'm not getting into a war of words here - some people i feel want me to.

where is SM based - Birmingham is a fairly central location for a forum such as this as many people will be travelling from all over the country - I'm sure we could get a convention room at a hotel for this if it went ahead - again I'd be more than happy to share the costs.

Maybe if anyone had time, it'd be better to collate a list of observations and suggested solutions into one document to present for consideration.

with respect no thanks - I'd rather do this face to face and get feedback from SM too - almost like a brainstorming session.

If it ends up as a document we may as well submit this entire forum with all of the threads.

I've had enough of debating with kids

Kris

and why is that? do "kids" not have valid opinions? do adults automatically have the ability to form sound arguements. i've read your posts and you have indeed made some valid points. unfortunately you have also been emotive and subjective at times which is never helpful during a debate. i'll point out that most of the people you have referred to as "kids" are infact over 18 and some have children of their own... but that is beside the point, EVERYONE on this forum has the right to argue or agree with you irrespective of their age.

thanks for your comments. i think you have been clear and articulate in every post you have written. i hope you do not feel the need to keep repeating yourself as you could appear to be beligerant rather than constructive and i'm sure this is not what you're aiming for.

Kris

and why is that? do "kids" not have valid opinions? do adults automatically have the ability to form sound arguements. i've read your posts and you have indeed made some valid points. unfortunately you have also been emotive and subjective at times which is never helpful during a debate. i'll point out that most of the people you have referred to as "kids" are infact over 18 and some have children of their own... but that is beside the point, EVERYONE on this forum has the right to argue or agree with you irrespective of their age.

thanks for your comments. i think you have been clear and articulate in every post you have written. i hope you do not feel the need to keep repeating yourself as you could appear to be beligerant rather than constructive and i'm sure this is not what you're aiming for.

*Aplauds*

Kris

*Aplauds*

Nice comments there!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: