collectormania 5

nextspielberg

Just come back from C4 and have read all the negative postings about the event and I feel it is my duty to to bring an end to it. Firstly you have to remember that these fairs are not held at exhibition halls where only fans attend, they are held in a shopping centre where joe public can attend. If you're wandering around a shopping centre and you see alot of commotion and find out that there are film and tv celebrities there you too will naturally approach to see what is going on, also if yoiu are a group of young girls and you hear that Elijah wood is in the centre you also will start getting excited and wander towards the area- all this leads to alot of people walking around creating a stuffy atmosphere even though they have no intention of meeting anyone. SO as long as they shows are held with free entry and in a public area and on a weekend there will always be tons of people. 2) Im sick of hearing about people complaining that the tickets were distributed early and when they arrived they were all gone. You have to realise that there are only a given amount of sigings a person can physically do in a day (500-700 seems reasonable). So the REAL fans would know this and some slept overnight others came at the crack of dawn to form a queue (which is what I did). It makes no difference what time the tickets were distributed it was simply whoever was in line first got the tickets, while I was there over 700 people were in the queue before the organisers arrived. You are talking about the main characters from the most hyped movie at the moment (LOTR is the star wars of today) peopel must have anticipated how much interest this would create. If fans decided to queue from midnight then it's only fair that they get priority because they were bothered to do so. 3) What I dont agree with is when the organisers were telling the public that we could only have one autograpgh per ticket when they felt the queues were not moving. This was not the case when you approached the stars as they were signing as many as you wanted, also I found it ridiculous and misuse of authority when we were told that we couldnt go in with a friend to take pictures whilst the other got their stuff signed. Its not everyday you meet Elijah and co and its not a nice thing to deprive a person of having a record of that event (when you do that it does start to feel that the public are cattle and once they've given their money they are no longer wanted). If someone is their to take your photo for you it saves time not causes congestion because it stops the one person ticket people from asking security guards etc to take a picture. 4) I believe that next time with big name celebrities an express line should be created where people who dont neccesarily want to meet the stars or have photos or personalised items can simply form a queue (maybe pay a fiver less) and give their item to an official who places it next to the star who simply signs in between signing and chatting to othersand then give it back to you. I saw Elijah wood do this for a shop owner where he signed 20 photos in about a minute (now imagine how many people he could get through in a day and how that will effect the size of people waiting in line (it will also make the stars more money as they'll be getting through far more signings in a day (which lets face it, is the only reason they are there in the first place- Oh I'm sorry I forgot they love it when liitle girls tell them how much they love them and how you have remembered all the dialogue from all Dr Who episodes! I love film fans but some of you take it too far). 4) I cant understand why even though tickets have been allocated if a guest doesn't have many people in their line people cant just be let in so that the line is always full. It's silly to make someone who has a ticket number 300 wait because they are still in the 100's even though the ticket holders are elsewhere and the line is relatively small. 5) Stars earn alot of money from these events so therfore they sholu still act proffesionally. Lunch break times should not be approximate but arranged before (guests shouls see this like any other job) Im sick of being in a line and the guest decides they're hungry and shoots off and officials dont know exactly when they will be back. So as a result 50-60 people wait for up to an hour in a tiny space waiting for a guest. lunch time hours should be sorted before hand and guest should be expected to adhere to that. 6) I have gone to all the collectormanias so far so therefore I believe that all the guests that I want should be given first priority! So here is my list of people I want appearing soon and please post this on if you agree.

Jon Pertwee- worzel gummidge

all other LOTR people not yet feature- Sean Bean and ian holmes please.

More star wars people please not the same guys all the time. David earl jones, jabba, emporer, c3p0,

John williams (composer)

Linda blair-ragen (exorocist)

cast from rocky films- appollo, drago,adrian, paully

other goonies members.

roy scneider- jaws

girl from amelie

henry thomas and other members from ET

carrie ann moss and other matrix people.

cybil shepard- taxi driver, moonlighting

chevy chase

This is all for now so all staff at collectormania pleas start arranging for these people to arrive so that i can get my stuff signed on my express lane! thanks and please respond to this post if you agree/disagree........nextspielberg. (i hope I have brought balance to the force through this post)

Jon Pertwee is dead

If SM can arrange that one, we'll know SM are gods!! ^_^

I bet they'll do it now!

:lol:;) *sniggers in unseemly manner until Diet Coke spurts from nose* :lol::lol:

Dont you just hate it when pop snorts out your nose!?!? I dont drink fizzy stuff anymore but it was the bane of my life!

Jon Pertwee is dead

If SM can arrange that one, we'll know SM are gods!! ^_^

I bet they'll do it now!

;):lol: *sniggers in unseemly manner until Diet Coke spurts from nose* :lol:^_^

Dont you just hate it when pop snorts out your nose!?!? I dont drink fizzy stuff anymore but it was the bane of my life!

LOL @ karamelrose.

So true. I kinda like it though.......

it tingles......... :lol:

Dont you just hate it when pop snorts out your nose!?!?  I dont drink fizzy stuff anymore but it was the bane of my life!

Tell me about it - and if it's not doing that it's making you burp and fart just when you least want/expect it. ;)

u can try and shake the bubbles out...but then when u open the bottle it sprays all over you :lol:

u can try and shake the bubbles out...but then when u open the bottle it sprays all over you :lol:

Don't you just hate it when it does that? ;)

But anyway, back to nextspeilberg's post...! I think the guy (?) makes some good points, actually; any thoughts, folks?

Maybe, until you get to this part -

6) I have gone to all the collectormanias so far so therefore I believe that all the guests that I want should be given first priority! So here is my list of people I want appearing soon and please post this on if you agree.

Is he care in the community?