Test - Released Again

mightymax

Courtesy of WWE.com:

Test released

Written: February 27, 2007

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Test (Andrew Martin). We wish Test all the best in all future endeavors.

It's no surprise really after failing the well being programme WWE have and recently being involved in a car crash something had to give.

I guess he prb starting to get used to it by now, pity hes a great bloke to meet. He doesn't fit in the ECW mould neither does Lashley ECW isn't about big built wrestlers they have got it all wrong, back to the post I expect him to turn up at TNA in the near future then along with Orlando Jordan :lol:

Can't say I even noticed he had comeback. ECW was only worth watching for C.M Punk and they have wasted him recentley and jobbed him out to various nobodys. I really don't get WWE I thought they were gonna use ECW to push new faces and create superstars of the future instead of having to chuck them straight on the big two shows when they are still very green and inexperienced. They were pretty much given C.M Punk on a silver platter ( already paid his dues, lots of indie experience) - he screamed new superstar, look at the reactions he was getting at Survivor Series! Now what they have done with him?

Edited by fugaziuk

Aparantly Punk was never a favourite as he was deemed ' didnt know how to work ' by certain people / wrestlers .

Heyman was a huge fan, which resulted in him having the big ECW push.

Unfortunatly when Heyman left, Punks big push stopped , and the losses to Holly began.

Quite an interesting article in the latest Powerslam mag about the whole thing.

its a shame about test i really liked him, and i know what you mean about ecw it just doesnt feel right watching something doesnt fit watching people like bobby lashley on it , it was never about body builder type wrestlers it was about pure brawlers barfight wrestlers, like sabu and sandman and thats why i used to really like it, felt more real than wwe but it just doesnt anymore.

• Moderators

Punk's on the 'Mania card in Money in the Bank .. I wouldn't call that jobbing or 'in the dog house' .. sure he had a short rough patch, but overall he's had an excellent run in ECW so far. An unbeaten streak can only end one way anyway, so it was always gonna end badly. At least he's able to just perform now and be a solid part of the roster.

Anyway, Test ... shame really, as he wasn't too bad for a big guy, and I enjoyed meeting him at CMania .. he seemed a very pleasant guy, and very enthusiastic about the business at the time. I'm not that big a fan of wrestlers in that mould, but he wasn't so bad.

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

I miss the beard, I really do :(

But yay! Finally Vince has realised Snitsky = RATINGS!! :P

He'd be WAY better as ECW Champ than stupid Lashley who sounds like a girl :P

Snitsky doesn't need friends, he just beats everyone up like he did this week! He shoved his big ass boot in Balls' face AND Striker's! Face? Heel? SNITSKY!!

Edited by DavidB

Aparantly Punk was never a favourite as he was deemed ' didnt know how to work ' by certain people / wrestlers .

Heyman was a huge fan, which resulted in him having the big ECW push.

Unfortunatly when Heyman left, Punks big push stopped , and the losses to Holly began.

Quite an interesting article in the latest Powerslam mag about the whole thing.

You mean deemed that he "Didn't know how to work" by HHH and HBK :D

Strange how he out popped them at Survivor Series isn't it? OK so Punk's no HBK or Triple H yet but he's getting a good reaction because he's not the usual Batista or Taker type person.

Apparently someone in the backstage area still likes Punk because he's rumoured to be in for a push again quite soon possibly on the Raw brand.

• Moderators

Apparently HBK/HHH don't like him because he 'copies' Japanese style stuff, and can't work his own style.

Punk also used to use a variation of the Pedigree called Pepsi Plunge which was a top-rope move.

His attitude backstage is said to annoy a few people, as well as his relationship with Maria.

Who knows whether any of it is true or not. It's usually all bullsh!t.

And it's been rumoured that Punk may move to Raw to feud with Nitro over the MITB stuff, but I'd be surprised if it did happen.

• Moderators

Well I personally think he's very good on the mic, and competent in the ring ... his ROH stuff proved he can put together long matches, and can pull off being a face or heel pretty easily. He's not had any long matches in ECW, but then again no-one has really, so most people will be judging him on that and that alone which is no good. I honestly don't think he's overhyped though. I don't believe he should be champ or anything, but he's by far one of the best on the ECW roster and would be a solid addition to the mid-card on Smackdown or Raw right now.

that aint happen, coz i think Punks bein overhyped, and being made to look better than he actually is

Seriousley check out his matches with Samoa Joe and many others from R.O.H and you will change your mind on that one.

The comments from Triper and Hbk meant he couldn't work the WWE style - which is pretty much required by everybody who works for the company. God forbid someone has a different wrestling style to everyone else in the company!

People dont like change thats that, as much as i love my trips and HBK you cant go wrong with something a little different and if they cant see that well thats there problem, CM Punk could go far but that will be stopped if he aint got the right people behind him :wub: