Best gimmicks

rickyparty

Seeing as there is a thread of crappy gimmicks, what about the good ones?

One of my favourites was Demolition. I know they were really a rip-off of the Road Warriors but I thought they were cooler. They had a good few matches with the Hart Foundation too i especially liked their 2 out of 3 falls match at Summerslam one year I think it was the 1990 one.

nWo for me - changed the direction WCW was going and made it worth watching every week, that was until the split and the creation of the wolf pack.

When the nWo came to WWE, I'll never forget the night they destroyed the Rock & drove that lorry into the ambulance (what great entertainment).

nWo Hulkster vs The Rock was in my opinion one of the best in a long while, even some of my friend who said the Hulkster was pasted were impressed by that match.

Razor Ramon (the Bad Guy) & Diesel made a great tag-team until things went wrong for the pair!

nWo Back in Black is the only wrestling DVD I have in my collection!

Edited by Dai-X

I would have to go with the original DX... HHH, Michaels & Chyna kicked ass... :coolthumb:

And even after Wrestlemania 14 when Michael left and the introduced the Outlaws and X-Pac to the faction only made them stronger...

Unfortunately DX aren't as good as they used to be... they are more of a tag team now... :firedevil:

Kane has to have had one of the best gimmicks- turning a perennial midcarder (Isaac Yankem/fake diesel) into an upper tier character - his initial appearance got him over so much that despite the crap he's had to deal with in the past few years he's still massively popular.

i think Kane seemed to be a better character when he had his mask, coz he had a certain mysticism about him