Autographs at Premieres

Piglet

Hi everyone,

I am considering going to an upcoming premiere (at the Leicester Square Odeon) this year and am going to try and get a few autos from the cast. I have NEVER been to a premiere before and don't know what to expect. Any of you guys go? And any tips? I Would sooooo appreciate it.

Thanks

Piglet

xox

ACBev@ntlworld.com

Best person to ask would be Shabs. He's been to quite a few

can't tell you everything, but only what I'm allowed to tell... Yep! what would you like to know?

My e-mail is in my profile.

Happy to help.

Shabs :thumbup:

Best thing to do is get there as early as possible, if there are big names expected then I recommend not going to the loo, hold your spot and be prepared to be pushed about

That is my advice from when I went to Return of the Kings UK premier and there was loads of people.

Advice - Do not bother getting there ridiculously early, do not listen to anyone who says that if you turn up late you will not get autographs. For most premieres arriving about 2 hours in advance you will get a good spot, its around this point when the area will begin to fill up with tourists who have nothing better to do than hang around asking "who is that? who is that?" when the stars begin to arrive. Obviously there are occasions when you will need to get there early, the pirates premiere last year being an example where the majority of front of barrier spaces where taken by around 9am, although still even in that case I know people who arrived much much later and still secures autographs from Depp and co.

Edited by showmasters

I'm thinking of going to the POTC 3 premiere. Wanting to try and get autographs and being as short as I am I want to get to the front. How early do you think I should get there depending on the time of the premiere? It's not an early morning jobby is it? lol

I'm thinking of going to the POTC 3 premiere. Wanting to try and get autographs and being as short as I am I want to get to the front. How early do you think I should get there depending on the time of the premiere? It's not an early morning jobby is it? lol

When there's Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp involved, it is definitely an early morning jobby, sorry to say! I know that from experience at the last two.

Thankfully, all the cast are good signers so even if you're not terribly close to the cinema, a decent position on the barrier SHOULD get you something.

how early?

If you really want a good front barrier spot either opposite the cinema doors or where the cars stop further down then getting there around 9am is advised. I know it sounds crazy but the previous pirates premieres have been manic and many have camped out over night to reserve their spots. Although as I said earlier arriving much later you could still squeeze in somewhere and get autographs. At times it is completely pot luck!

Edited by Bohan_

My cousin Sean attends a lot of the london premiers and he knows all about where to be and when to arrive and he knows tons of other stuff too. If you want email me and Ill give you his addy.

That would be great. Thanks. I appreciate all your advice guys:)

My cousin Sean attends a lot of the london premiers and he knows all about where to be and when to arrive and he knows tons of other stuff too. If you want email me and Ill give you his addy.

That would be great. Thanks. I appreciate all your advice guys:)

No probs I'm sure hed be pleased to help. Email me at thermosflask86@yahoo.co.uk and I'll give you his addy. Gemma.

how early? :dance:

for Pirates 2 I think we got there at around 7am or maybe just after. I remember people already being there, few familiar forum faces so that was nice :smile: I really wanna go to the third prem and will be booking time off work and train/bus tickets etc as soon as the date is up. as the film is said to be released on May 25th, it should be around there some time B)

I made the mistake of going out of my spot right on the barrier to pee last time :D we had been there a good 10hours at this point!! it wasn't fatal as a good friend wrenched me through the crowd, which was about 10people deep, back in but man were people's toe stepped on B) but yeah if this person hadn't had the most amazing pull, I wouldn't have made it back!! the thing was it was a MEGA hot day, so hot they had people from Yates come out with water and some people were removed from the crowd with heat stroke and heat exhaution :o so you've gotta be really careful!

hope this helps :lol: if anyone has something to add, please feel free! I've only done Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Pirates 2, which were incredibly different! so any advice would be appreciated :D fankooo!

surfy sah xx